Is this a reasonable response to expect from a shy guy?

This shy guy found out I had a crush on him. We don't know each other well at all. Like we've had a total of maybe four conversations. So we don't know each other at all. Basically he said he doesn't know me well and doesn't want to rush into a relationship with someone he doesn't know and isn't friends with already but he's like to be my friend and get to know me better. Is that acceptable from a shy guy? Because I know some guys (typically players) will rush into dating a girl barely knowing her. But is it expected of a shy guy to reach like this and want to be slower?

edit: by reach. I meant "react"

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't get into a relationship with someone you don't know, you DATE someone you don't know

He's weird

• Lol why do you say that

What Guys Said 3

• Sure, he just wants to get more comfortable around you and make sure he's doing the right thing before diving right into a relationship.

• He just sounds very inexperienced in all this Or has his own kink of how expresses himself. What he means to say is he would like to spend time with you and get to know you more.

• so thats interesting. Personally I don't need any more friends female or other wise. So I find the idea of a guy telling you he wants to be friends a bit remarkable.

Unfortunately I would probably consider this a polite rejection though I guess it depends on his age. if he's a teenager its possible he means it. As an adult that seems hard to believe.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the individual. It could be for him and other shy guys might not be that way. To say anything else would bias and unfair.

• He is not weird, lol

Yes, it is alright

He just wants to take things slow.