Does looking at someone's facebook page prevent you from moving on?

Cause I feel like everytime I do it does. And I don't know how to stop! Advicee

Most Helpful Girl

• It's actually extremely hard not to looks at someone you liked page like for example your ex or just someone you're trying to stop thinking about whether you dated or not. Basically the best option is to just block them so you can't see their information or page anymore. Get rid of anyway that you can look at what their doing in their life. As time goes on you will move on and then you can unblock them if you prefer but until them it is best to stay clear of their social media. If you don't block them, it's going to be too hard to resist.

What Guys Said 7

• Not being able to move on means that they are interfering with your life. If you just look at their profile every once in awhile it might just mean you're curious about how they're doing and there's nothing wrong with that. Just try to enjoy your life. If you like to think about them every once in awhile that's fine.

• did u block this guy?

• I don't have him as a friend or anything but no I didn't block him. I know it's stupid but I still have this hope that maybe somewhere down the line we can at least be friends again and if I block him that will never happen.

• i'm afraid chances r minimum for this 2 happen... but hope i'm wrong :)

• Yes.

Source: I do this a lot and it's not helping me at all.

• Yes. It stopped me for many a second.

• have u tried blocking him?

• The thing is that he moved to another city last year.. it sucks. I don't think I will ever see him again and because we ended on such a horrible note I have too much of an ego to message him first. He screwed me over so he should do it you know.

• if he really means that much to you, you should put everything beside and just do it...
      for one thing... it will give you a clear image of what to do. either he wants you guys to friend up again or he doesn't. knowing this will take away that uncertainty about how this whole thing might end up. you could wait on him... but this way you'll suffer less cause you'll bring a closure to this whole thing much faster...

• I stopped using facebook years ago, it ruins the fun in life.

• I know and I agree but I have a lot of friends and family in other countries and that's the only way we keep in touch.

• get off your fucking pc. thats the advice. and mobile. whatever has wifi... .

• I feel like that would just be running away. Which I don't do.

• Lol yeah okay buddy, I think it's strange when guys like you don't have facebook. What are you trying to hide, and you're on this website right now so you must not have much of a life either right?

• yeah i'm here two three moments a week. you dwell on facebook all day long. (the facebook users anyway). i m intelligent enough not to have a facebook account not because i have something to hide but because its utterly stupid to give your personal life on the internet and file your own self for advertising companies and the government's shake.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes get rid of Facebook. I've been fb free for nearly 4 years😀I've never felt more liberated👍

• Yeah I think so. :/ ik that feel.

• Dude, I hear you. I mist visit his instagram page like 25xs a day.

I don't think there is a cure unless you cut off wifi completely because I've tried blocking and uninstalling apps but I'll break and stalk him eventually.