If you're ugly are you automatically at a disadvantage when it comes to finding a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Yes or no.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, ugliness is a sign of poor genetic quality which all Humans find biologically unattractive. But it isn't an insurmountable disadvantage. People are more compatible with differing genetics as well, so it is possible to be found ugly by some and attractive by others.

An extreme example would be siblings, most of the world could think a girl is hot, but her brother probably doesn't find her attractive at all. That's because the two are so genetically similar, they most likely don't find each other attractive.

What Girls Said 8

• I think if they are too picky, they are. But then again isn't beauty always in the eye of the beholder? I personally think a lot of people constantly hide because they think they're ugly when they actually aren't while others who totally and deeply believe they are the shit look absolutely horrid to me I don't know 😅

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone may think you're ugly while others may think you're beautiful.

• Ugly is relative. I find lots of people who think of themselves as ugly really aren't, they are just manipulated into thinking this based on society's cruel and narrow-minded view of what is beautiful.

• Yes, because that's the first impression. I don't like how looks are everything to most people, but it's very much true. If you don't look attractive, chances are, you won't be approached.

• If the way you perceive yourself to look hinders your confidence greatly, then yes.

• When you grow older looks fade, so I believe a good heart is what's best.

• No, that's just the excuse you tell yourself.

• It all depends on your personality and if the girl doesn't care about looks

What Guys Said 5

• Being ugly is a disadvantage just like every other undesirable trait we are given without our consent. However, the problem with being ugly is that it's subjective and varies from person to person. What may be ugly in one person's eyes will be attractive in another's person's eyes.

So being ugly is a disadvantage, but it will only be a disadvantage among those who view you as ugly.

• Yeah, duh.

• No. Because if you have a good enough heart people will see beyond God's disfigurement.

• Not everyone believes in God, Lol.

• Yeah, well it's easier to blame God than genetic lottery for the fact that you're a sad excuse for a human, isn't it?

• unless you are rich... or a very charming jerk.

• Yeah I can agree with rich, a guy can be the ugliest thing on this planet but if he owns his own island he can get all types of girls regardless of how they look.

• Well yes, of course.

Though attractiveness is subjective.