How to accept my asexual partner?

I'm an extremely sexual person but my girlfriend is asexual. How do we make it work? Any experiences or advice of any asexuals people out there?

Thank you.

No one has ever loved me so much as she does and I love her to death. I really would like to find a way to make it work. Is there a way to eliminate my sex drive or develop one in her? Maybe some medical procedure?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not asexual, but I'm demisexual so maybe I can help here. Here are some questions to ask her and yourself: Is she repulsed by sex or indifferent to it? Does she get aroused (some asexuals do)? Do you think you can abstain from sex or have sex less? Do you feel like your attraction to her is more romantic/ platonic or sexual/ physical? Communication and honesty is especially important, and the both of you shouldn't be pressured to do anything that you guys don't want to. My ex-boyfriend never told me how he felt that his attraction towards me was stunted because we rarely did anything sexual, but I knew from his actions that he cherished me anyway, so I feel like these relationships can work if you guys are honest and willing to compromise (but not be pressured into anything).

What Guys Said 7

• I am asexual. I don't know though, I never been in a relationship. Just respect her boundaries what ever they are.

• then it'd b better 2 b just friends wid her i'd say

• This relationship is doomed. Asexual should only date other asexuals.

• my girlfriend is asexual she won't have sex but she understands my needs so she allows me to have sex with other women every so ofthen

• This is a bad mix. Why are you two dating?

• You dont make it work. It won't work.

Just dump her.

• Preaching to the choir here but yes, it is doomed. I'm sorry.

What Girls Said 2

• you don't; this relationship is most likely going to fail. Do you honestly think you can deal with having no sex ever? Or can a sex toy be enough?

• I don't think it will work.
    Sexual compatibility is very important in a healthy relationship.