How do you ask a guy to lunch without sounding needy?

I have known this guy for a year and a half and he knows I am interested in him. We rarely talk because I am too shy to approach but if he talks to me Ill talk. How does one ask a guy to lunch in the summer without sounding needy, awkward, etc?

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you won't sound needy or awkward if you just ask a guy to lunch, no matter how you come around the subject.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well he knows I like him I think and I don't know if he likes me. His friends talk about him a lot purposely and tag him in my photos a lot. I think they know I like him but I'm not too sure

• Show All
    • Thanks for MHO!

• No problem at all! You deserved it 😊 I haven't been able to ask him, but I will whenever I can

What Guys Said 5

• Psh, "hey dude wanna get some afternoon food tomorrow"
    Pretty damn easy. You won't sound desperate; it's fucking lunch.

0|0
    0|0
    • But he may know I like him and he hasn't made a move but his friends have , tagging him in my photos and mentioning him around me. Why wouldn't he make a move if my friends told him I like him?

• Show All
    • He might be doing the same thing who knows. Just be yourself and have fun!

• Maybe! 🙈 his/my guys friends were calling my name from far away and he almost looked at me but then kept his head down. he didn't that when I walked over to their desks when they called me over too. They seemed to call me over a lot today, and they were going to ask me something but never did

• Hey, wanna go grab lunch on so and so date?

Done.

0|0
    0|0
    • If I do should I ask in person?

• Ooh I'm so nervous, I rarely talk to him because I am too shy

• Easy by straight forward

0|0
    0|0
    • Would it be awkward if I never talk to him then all of a sudden asked him out? His friends always mention his name in conversations purposely and suspiciously like Iddon't know something they do.

• It would be normal

• Lets have lunch its casual and a guy will not think ur needy

0|0
    0|0
    • Well his friends always mention his name and tags him in my pictures and he ignored them. His friends suspiciously said hi once and then said "HE SAYS HII TOO!" I don't know if they found out I like him. Would it just make it awkward if I asked?

• Not at all he might be a shy guy so u asking will boost his confidence

• He is polite and quiet around me but jokes around with his friends but idkk

• Just say, "Hey, wanna grab something to eat."
    It's simple, no rocket science. :p

0|0
    0|0
    • What if he doesn't like me? I'm not sure if he does or not

• Show All
    • Well he did tell one of my friends that we should all hang out at subway one lunch so maybe he might not mind

• Then go and ask him he'd say yes

What Girls Said 1

• if he knows you are interested in him, then he would ask you out if he was interested. its not like he would have a reason to be shy because he isn't unsure of your interest level, he knows, he just isn't doing anything about it

0|0
    0|0
    • Well he looks at me more than usual and his friends tag him in my photos a lot. When my friend asked what he though about me he said "well she is nice, she's smart, she is pretty...(apparently he looked like this 😏 when he said it while looking away) and she is a REALLY great singer." When my friend asked if he sees us together next year he said "umm well its a possibility. Like it could happen or it could not, I am just rolling with it."