I have a crush on a guy with a girlfriend. Help please?

A guy I have a crush on is in a relationship and I'm not sure how to handle it. I'm not the kind of girl to steal a guy away from someone. I met her recently and she's really nice and really cool so that's another reason why I'd never try to take him away. Is it bad to wait to see if they ever break up on their own terms? He's such a nice guy and it sucks that he's taken. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Stay away. Cut contact with him because otherwise you are going to do something you'll end up regretting. I say that because you wouldn't be asking this question if you were a 100% going to leave them alone. There are other nice guys out there go give one that is single.

• Listen to this.

• Thank you for MHO!!! :D

• No problem! :)

What Guys Said 4

• One of the biggest dating mistakes you can make is to wait around for someone for any reason.

It may be a little bit different for a woman, but as a guy if I'm interested in a woman I'll ask her out. If she says anything other than yes, then I'll offer her my number and wait for her to make the next move. Sometimes I'll hear from her in a week, or a month, or sometimes never.

You want to spend your time with people who want to spend their time with you. It sucks when someone you really like doesn't feel the same way, especially if you really though they did like you, but chasing them won't make things any better. The only thing you can do is let them know how you feel and tell them to let you know if they change their mind.

• I could let him know how I feel, only I don't want to. That could put a damper on his relationship and I don't want to do that. He's a nice guy and if he's happy with her then who am I to ruin that? I'm not gonna act on it. I'll let some time pass. This could be just a little crush that will fade with time. Thanks for your opinion :)

• To be honest dude, Not much you can do, If he's happy, Jus be happy for him i guess and move on? :)

• Please, find a new guy. There are tons of nice single men out there.

• I am in the same position as you Katherine. I really like this married co-worker of mine. We're very close friends but haven't overstepped the boundaries as i'm not a home wrecker!!! I guess I am hoping to see if she and her husband ever divorce on their own terms as well. She's such a great girl and it sucks that she's already taken in marriage as well. I can tell that she really likes me as well.

Best thing we can do is to just take a step back, find other single people to date and hopefully have a great long term relationship with and most of all be happy :-)

What Girls Said 4

• There's other nice guys out there. Don't wait for someone to break up, because what if they never do? How long will you wait? It's really not worth. I speak from personal experience. I know you can't control how you feel but you can control how to manage them. Keep your mind preoccupied on other things & you will surely forget what you feel.

• I would just accept it and move on but I'm surprise you haven't try to break them up but sure you can wait away but what's the point? if he loves her and they break up he probably wouldn't want you he rather have her because his heart is still set on her if they break up.

• Yeah. Don't talk to this guy again. This won't work out well.

• I only see him once in a while, not often at all so by the next time I see him hopefully my feelings will have passed. Thanks :)

• Good luck :)

• Well, I've been there before. And I say, that if it makes him happy, who are you to stand in the way of that? Let them go through their relationship. Don't wait up on it, let their relationship ride. I know, it sucks, but trust me, you wouldn't want this to happen to you. Maybe he'll start to like you and then he'll leave her for you. But in the meantime, don't get involved. I'm currently consoling my good friend because her good friend took her boyfriend. It's a mess and you shouldn't get involved. Just go on with your life and find someone else. Who knows? Someone may come around!(:

• I agree with you girl. I'm not the type of person to interfere with a relationship, especially not since she's a super nice person and neither of them deserve that. I'm gonna wait it out and hope my feelings pass. I'm hoping this is just a little crush that will fade out soon. Thanks for the help :)

• No problem!! I hope it all works out!!