#RealTalk: Do You ever catch yourself changing something about yourself to really impress a guy/girl at the time?

Lots of us say we wouldn't change and that the other person should, but I've caught myself doing this several times. I'll be so in the moment with trying to impress the guy. He can talk about a sport that I hate, and suddenly I love it. I dont do this often. Only when trying to make a good first impression. Im not sure how this will make me look later on, but yea. Do you catch yourself doing this often?

• Its not good to lie. Always be yourself even if he/she doesn't like it.
  • A little lying won't hurt if you really want to make a good first impression.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did a little when I was 13.

Not anymore.

I do like to improve myself but not just for someone I am trying to impress. :p (that is short lived).

• Yes its short lived because its just an impression lol. Later I'd tell them "Okay I honestly dont like this... But you seemed cool at the time and I just wanted to get to know you better." They maybbe pissed that I wasn't totally honest in the beginning but oh well

• Lol, I can't do that. :p but if it works for you, cool :D

• Thank you for MHO!

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes some lying...

• Nah I'm alwyas myself. I'm perfect anyway mwahaha

• Well, my cousin changed his religion, just to marry his girl

• Okay thats a new one. Lol ion think I could go that far

• You don't really need to @ me, it'll show up as a notification

• And no, he went through the whole process. He went from Judaism to Christianity, something I will never forgive him for

What Girls Said 4

• I change my self a little but I'm starting to stop doing that and just be myself because if a guy doesn't like me for who I am then that's his problem not mine.

• No, I choose to be real the entire time. If he doesn't like me, he's got a bad taste. xD

• I've done that before too, it's not a good idea though.

• Lying isn't good, if sparks start to fly and you get a relationship out of it, are you going to keep the lie going? If you already said it and your stuck in that situation, let's say the football example. You can say something like "I missunderstood, I thought you said something else" or something like that...

• True... But its worked before. Tbh, the guys do it more to me on a first impression then I do it to them