Girls, what's the difference between a guy friend and a boy that you love?

Im trying to figure out if this girl loves me or thinks of me as a guy friend. I've had the signals like, jealousy, those sort of things, but when I have spoken to her about she has said that she doesn't love. Bearing in mind this girl is shy, and not very confident... Please help?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like to be in love you also have to be that person's best friend. The difference between best friends and lover to me is the chemistry and physical attraction and never wanting to lose that person because they understand you so wholeheartedly. I don't think she's in love with you but she might like you because you guys are already friends. The fact that you guys are compatible in the friendship category may make you more attractive to her because you know her and must like her enough to be friends.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, I think it's perhaps a small crush. A little jealousy here and there is always a sign. You mentioned she has self esteem problems and that makes it very hard to trust peoples words if they are good. Take things slow and chat often. Because she's shy, there's not much to look for. I say, look for the small things. Subtle hints are still hints.

• May you give me an example of a subtle hint? The thing is this has been going on for over a year now. She still denies it. And yeah she has self-esteem problems

• It means a lot to me I appreciate a load!

• No problem! Glad I could be of assistance!

• The difference between a friend and a guy you love is that a friend is someone you could go without talking to for days and not really notice any difference in your life. A guy you look is someone who you can't stand to be without for more than an hour or two.

• See, sometimes she gives me the silent treatment and things like that, Which can go on for days! But if I don't message her, then she eventually ends up messaging me

• Because she is probably lonely and bored and knows you will answer her.

• Well I am a but jealous over some guy friends but when the guy i love is with another girl yes I can say there is a bit of jealousy but more worrying. I love to get hugs/kisses by the guy, I love to sped time with him , i smile a lot (even if i dont notice it ) , I try to make him happy, I am shy on flirting, etc but at each age it can be different considering you are still in your teens.

• Chemistry is the difference

• She may not love you as more than a friend yet but she might like you as more then a friend. If she gets jealous it's probably because she doesn't like you giving attention to someone that isn't her. Try drop hints that you like her so she gets the message.

• She may be interested in you but may not want to ruin your friendship. Keep persisting.

• How should I keep persisting?

• She may like you, but too shy to admit it, or she doesn't like you and she's being protective over you as a friend.

• The differences I want to have sex with a guy that I love