Tinder users- what to expect?

My friend is trying to convince me to get tinder.
I don't have any problems meeting guys because I take care of myself and look nice, but I like guys who are respectful and nice
but I'm assuming there's not many guys like that on tinder right? Lol
Any experiences to share or advice for a girl who isn't into hookups?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many guys that are respectful, but the majority are looking for sex, which there's nothing wrong about it, just that you should know that 9 in 10 will be there just for sex, some will be disrespectful, but the majority will be nice.
    I've used Tinder, and I was always straight with the girls, I asked them what she wanted, and if it was different from what I wanted, I told her and we didn't talk again. It's better to be straight in order to not waste time thinking one thing's gonna happen, when it actually isn't.
    I don't use Tinder anymore, got bored of it.

What Guys Said 5

• my advice to you is dont be discouraged if you come across a bunch of creeps. you will have to sift through the shit to find your man lol

• Sex hungry men
    because it's known for its hookups rather than actual serious dating

• Only hook ups am afraid lol :D

• Spam... tasty, tasty spam.

• Yeah, don't use tinder... Use an actual relationship site. Something like zoosk. I don't use any of those things but based off the tv commercials of it compared to the commercials for everything else it actually seems sincere.

What Girls Said 3

• Well... that it's not the right app to use if you don't want a hookup... the site is focussing on looks, you swipe the people you find attractive to the right.
    If they do the same to you, you match and can chat... so this app is superficial and more fit for hookups

• Naw most of those guys want to hookup.. Sorry

• I've used tinder, and met my first boyfriend through it who I actually ended up falling in love with him. I've also even made good friends through it. You may often get the odd weirdo, but you can just delete them, and never feel pressured to meet anyone. If you do want to meet someone, I suggest adding on facebook, talking on the phone, or even skyping before had, just to make sure they are who they say they are, and that you do get on well. I have met some nice and genuine people from the app, and was never on it to hookup with someone, but it just happened!