Why am I so afraid of communicating how I feel or confronting someone when getting to know them/dating?

It's like I have this fear instilled in me that if I communicate how I feel or confront someone while getting to know someone/dating, that I am going to blow my chances, when in reality, communication is the key. I guess that's where I need to believe in myself and stop worrying about what talking about tough things will do... if a guy doesn't respond or ditches me... he isn't the one for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you know that some people would use your vulnerability against you, or at least you are afraid of being judged what how you feel. It's all a question of risk and reward - if you think it is worth the risk, you will not be thwarted in your self-expression.

What Guys Said 1

• I know exactly what you mean. It feels like crossing a tightrope when really you're just walking a straight line.

What Girls Said 1

• You have trust issues mixed with social anxiety.