Guys, How do I say no?

So I have a few boys I talk to. They seem to like me sending hearts and flirting with me. I don't want to lead them on but I don't know how to say I just want to be friends , some of them I have been talking to them for quite a while and we are quite close friends

, I don't want to be seen as the girls that talks to everyone nor the girl that leads people along and has them as back up plans

I know it means I am friend zoning them and if you are on that end of the stick then it's not very nice but if you were in my shoes you would realise what I am thinking right now !!

Someone help please

Yeah have tried that before believe it or not and just ended up with like 1milllion messages asking who I was going out with aha but thanks for the advice

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Something you have to realize is that 96% of those guys that are "your friends" are only in it to get a relationship out of you.

My girlfriend had a lot of guy friends herself. I came along and swooped her up. I told her what those guys are and she didn't believe. 2 months in and none of them spoke to her.

Guys have the ability to be cool with a girl and treat her as a friend, but the motivation leaves once your not available.

• Yeah thanks it's nice to be told that because I can see it now. I hate to put them down and friend zone them because I know it must be hard but because I have been talking to some of them for so long if I stop know I don't know what they are going to say.
      Also in the past I have had incidents where I have said jut friends to someone and they have got really annoyed and gone and spread loads of rumours and made me look like a bad person. I am stuck in the middle right now

• Then your definitely in highschool. Lol! Well, you can try what my girlfriend did and change your relationship status to taken or something like that to weed out the fake friends.

What Guys Said 6

• just open it up and be like "hey we're just friends right?"

• i am glad you are not leading them on that is the cruelest thing you can do to someone (in my opinion) but try to tell them you are not looking for a relationship at the moment.

• It's better to be honest and blunt sometimes

• Man up and be honest with people.

• Just don't be their friends. Save everyone the trouble.

• Be direct and say exactly what you wrote.
    Just say "I like you as a friend"