What date should sex happen on?

I know this has been asked in various forms, but do YOU personally have a date count where sex happens?

It's ridiculous how social media outlets have conditioned us that from a guys point of view by date 3 sex hasn't happened she isn't interested, and that for women really the new norm should be 5 dates before sex. What are your thoughts on this? When do you personally allow sex to come into the picture?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I need to feel something for someone before I have sex with them, because it's best for me when I care for the person.

So, 3 or 5 dates may work for some people. But for me, I work in terms of months.

However, every person is different.

And every relationship should have the talk and every relationship will be different.

What Girls Said 6

• Once you're in a relationship. I don't think there is an exact # of dates but 3 and even 5 sounds too soon for me

• there is no "should" about it. It happens when both of you are ready and desire the same thing

• No it would depend on the level of attraction and the moment of wanting it that is right

• Hey Eternallylucky, I just sent you a follow can you please follow me back so I can ask a more specific question around a situation?

• You have to follow me back as well :)

• I don't count the dates... Whenever I feel to

• Never dated so don't know, I'd imagine I'd only date if I was interested so probably about 3 or 4.

• Well I've been on about 10 dates with a guy and it hasn't for us, but I am more than happy to, he just hasn't mentioned it or made it happen!

What Guys Said 4

• I don't follow any of the social norms regarding this or dating in general. I want to really know a woman before I am willing to have sex with them. You don't know anyone well enough by 3-5 dates. I have known people for years who were not what they appeared to be. They put up the front for years.

• Depends on your chemistry and connection

• when ever both people are ready, there doesn't have to be a set date number

• Lets look at it this way. If enough dates have passed so that she doesn't have to worry about appearing ''easy'' or ''cheap'' then why does she not want to have sex with me? Does she not like sex? Is she not actually attracted to me and is just looking for entertainment? Is she just playing games with her sex to see how many hoops the guy will jump through?