Men can't get dates cause of their looks?

When at the same time, you won't date someone unless he's hot and fit. So really what's the difference? Also your so focused on his job and income. Sounds gold digging if you ask me.

So how is it we are so visual? I'm an example of women are visual. I never get approached or asked out. No one flirts with me. So I just assume I'm ugly.

I wonder, is it a female thing to not admit they are shallow too? What makes women not want to take responsibility I do think women are very shallow, especially the hot ones. I'm right right?

Not to mention I think Hillary Clinton and judge Judy encourage women to be shallow and cheat so they can get their eggs fertilized.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree because not all women are looking for a man with a built body and a fat wallet. Now over weight guys can be seen as living an unhealthy life style and that type of man isn't going to attract a woman who is living healthy. Of course woman find a man who carried himself well attractive. Personally for me the first thing I noticed about a man is his eyes. Personality accounts for more than you think when it comes to judging a man. If your gorgeous but open your mouth and jerk comes out, to me you're ugly. This is where talking on the phone or dating websites can become useful. People can see who other people are from the inside. They're character, opinions, humor and personality. If you're speaking from experience it sounds to me like you should be looking for woman more your age or older. Young girls tend to be superficial and inexperienced on what the true value of a man is.

• Their* not they're

• No no.. I didn't say you only go after 20 yr olds just from your wording you sound quite bitter towards woman putting us all in one category. When I do believe men hate it when we do that to y'all. From my experience I could say you're a selfish, shallow, conceited, cheating man who has no respect for a woman because all men are like that because that's how my ex was.. but that wouldn't be fair. To judge you based on his mistakes. If you're not being approached by woman then change it. Most women don't approach men. We want you to make your move and give us a sign you're interested. We can't read minds either but you can't sit here and complain that all women are shallow and self centered because none come up to you... That's a little stereotypical. Lead with humor or one of your best qualities. She'll find you attractive for who are as a person. If she doesn't find a woman who will..

• Eh that's different though. We guys are pretty simple. We hold more values and morals.

What Girls Said 5

• This post seems really passive aggressive like it's a message for one woman yet instead of saying it to her face, you're assuming that there's a little bit of her in all women. Not cool.

To answer your question, no, you are not right.
    To assume that the only reason you aren't getting approached is because you are ugly is actually very shallow and vain in nature. Humbly consider if you simply aren't approachable. Maybe there's something about the vibe you give off that women sincerely don't desire and are not attracted to.
    Yes, there are shallow women AND MEN. Then there are people who are simply realistic and honest about who they are and aren't attracted to. They don't lie to themselves so that when someone who actually makes their eyes light up with wonder due to physicality comes along, their significant other can feel like shit.

• Women are conditoned to wait for a man to approach.

• I'm a girl and never get approached either. I assume the same thing and honestly, I'd date someone based on their personality more than their looks, but physical attraction is also somewhat important.

• No... only shallow women care about looks... the women you need in your life is women who can see past looks and tries to find a good personality...

• Of course women don't like it when you look like sh*t, but ugly dudes can still get dates if they have good personality. While you can't do much about your looks you can still work on inner values. They matter much more in a serious relationship! Good appearance only helps the initial dating process, but there is no guarantee that people actually fit together!

On the "gold digger" thing, I don't think it holds true for myself, but then again I'm plenty rich already

What Guys Said 8

• Both genders are visual. It's just that women tend to value things like financial stability much higher than men do, so looks eats up a larger chunk of the pie of what men want in a woman and thus it's easier to label men shallow.

The main reason you don't get approached is because you are male. Women rarely approach. That's just reality.

Shallow and gold digger get thrown around too often. Being attractive and being financially secure are positive attributes. People aim for the best of anything they can acquire.

• I just think girls don't really try to flirt until you make the first move. It sucks but yeah, you gotta do it. As a man, its your job to make the first approach to let her know you are interested and be willing to accept rejection. I too have a fear of rejection so it holds me back but I realized that our society has bred our people to think this way, so might as well go with the flow and not complain

• I don't know man i'm like you. I don't get approched a lot. But some girls call me cute so it might be a visual thing. But now ALL girls are shallow, only a few. The ones who care about personality more than looks are the ones you wanna be with.

• "I'm an example of women are visual. I never get approached or asked out. No one flirts with me. So I just assume I'm ugly."

Your conclusion is backwards.

• They are just as shallow as we are. Fact is a few generations back, the world was mostly patriarchal, so men were judged solely on stuff like wealth, status, chivalry etc. Now, not only in the west but also in most metropolitan cities in asia, there is enough balance, so women are now independent themselves and hence the previous parameters are now almost redundant and hey, nothing wrong with that.

• Women care about a lot of things including but not just looks. Just try your best

• Women are more visual than men if you ask me since they focus more on physical features like height, race, skin color, body, etc. But of course, money makes up a lot of things.

• Why do I have 3 down votes from girls? Overweight and obese women are far more likely to get a boyfriend than overweight and obese men are in getting a girlfriend. This is a fact!

• I agree. Women are so shallow, they don't know how shallow they are.

• does it matter? lol.