Who do you think of overweight coworker who only wants to date fit guys?

She doesn't want to date overweight guys despite her being overweight. She has rejected many guys cause they were overweight. What do you think about that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say it is very typical and I am fine with it. I am overweight and normally the only women that want to date me are women that are much fatter than I am. Most fat women wouldn't consider a guy that weighs more than she does. Fat people just aren't as attractive, and no one should feel pressured into going out with someone they aren't attracted to.

The only thing that bothers me is when I get accused of being a hypocrite for only dating women up to my own weight when I am taller and have more muscle than the woman. Meaning that even though I am already willing to date women fatter than myself, people act like I shouldn't be allowed to have any standards at all when it comes to weight, yet these women are never made to feel ashamed of only wanting to date thinner guys.

• Why is that? Do you think it is sexism?

• It is sexist in the sense that it is a double standard. Men and women are frequently held to different standards. Sometimes they favor men, and sometimes they favor women. I don't care for that kind of mentality. What is good for one, should be good for the other.

What Girls Said 9

• Everyone has preferences. Just because she's overweight herself doesn't mean she HAS to be attracted to men who are overweight. I really don't care who other people are attracted to or who they choose to date/not date.

• I saw a guy post about his best friend that is a guy not wanting to date most overweight women cause he isn't attracted to most overweight women and people bashed his best friend in the responses and called him a hypocrite. It seems that overweight guys are obligated to date overweight women but not overweight women with overweight guy. That's sexist.

• Yes but is your opinion the same with the overweight guy having preferences, etc. and that you don't think he is a hypocrite? Also, I am just saying it is sad how at how most females are sexist.

• I already gave my opinion on that also. If you look through the comments, I clearly said "no one should be "obligated" to date anyone they aren't attracted to." Obviously that implies men AND women.

• She likes what she likes, but she would need to be realistic. You can't force her to date someone she isn't attracted to and some fit guys are chubby chasers.

• People are sexist. I notice this guy post recently about his best friend not wanting to date most overweight women since he is not attracted to most of them. His best friend is overweight himself and most women that commented called his best friend a hypocrite despite him stating that his best friend doesn't think women that reject him for being overweight are mean. Yet only some women on here calling my coworker a hypocrite and not most. Sexism

• You are ok with those women thinking that obviously since you are not responding. You are a sexist pig

• Those women would certainly be hypocrites... Lol. I'm a sexist pig because I'm busy having a life and not responding to you? Please grow up. XD

• She has no right to be picky about someones weight when she is a snicker away from obesity.

• It's okay to like what you like.
      But to have high standards when you don't meet the criteria yourself is absurd to me.

• @ShaeNielson would you say that same thing for overweight men not wanting to date overweight women and rejecting them and only wanting to date fit women?

• @Asker Yes, I would.

• She is a hypocrite?

• I think so too.

• I am glad you don't accept sexism.

• Hypocritical much lol!

• We are all entitled to have a type regardless of our size

• People are sexist. I saw this guy post yesterday about his best friend not wanting to date most overweight women because he is not attracted to most of them and he is overweight himself. Most women that commented called him a hypocrite despite him stating that his best friend not thinking that the women that rejected him for that reason are mean. Only some women on my post are calling my coworker a hypocrite.

• If that's what she want, then she is in her full right to do so. Everyone can have all the standards they want, the question is how many people who live up to those standards, are also satisfied with you.

• I have seen many people call a guy's best friend on here a hypocrite for him being overweight and not wanting to date most overweight women since he is not attracted to most of them yet people are not talking smack on my coworker. Is it sexism?

• Don't you think the sexism is messed up though?

• Yes, it is, but what can I do.

• It sounds a little hypocritical of her to be so judgmental about something which she herself deals with. But then again, we all have our preferences and she can't help who she's attracted to. As long as there are fit guys after overweight girls, i don't see why its a problem.. you like what you like after all. This is of course as long as she isn't directly mean to the people she rejects based on there weight of course.

• I agree and do you think she still a hypocrite despite her not being upset at guys that reject her for being overweight?

• the male version of the question, the responses did naturally differ but not enough for me to deem it a clear display of sexism. I believe that overall the response appeared to be similar, that you are attracted to who you are attracted to, but with some suggestion of hypocrisy. I would also like to add that I personally would not base my opinion of this matter on gender, and I think either way the answer would be the same.

• Um look at Manuel Marquez's post and see that hardly any woman responded and the woman that did respond was only 3. One of the two that called the guy's best friend a hypocrite said she thinks women that do the same thing are hypocrites as well, but when I questioned the other one about it she still didn't respond. And it has been a day. Manuel Marquez messaged her last night about it. I know about this since I am following Manuel Marquez's posts. She has not responded in the past when she clearly doesn't want to say something but she has responded to things in the past she does want to respond to. But for this post there have been a lot of responses by females whereas the other post only very few responded.

• I'd say hypocritical, but you can't help who you like. Just like overweight guys who like super skinny women.

• Do you think she is still a hypocrite even though she doesn't get mad if a guy rejects her for being overweight?

• No, I don't really care or am not bothered with anyone else's personal life. I am not bothered if an overweight man wants to date fit chicks, and I am not bothered if overweight women want to date fit dudes. I am equal in my not really caring haha.

I just worry for both... if (IF, because this might not happen, I don't know), if they are constantly rejected and being single still "when their old", they really shouldn't blame "Oh women are bitches because they reject me" or "men are assholes because they reject me". They brought it on themselves, I'm sorry to say. I wish people were more open minded.

• They're* not their -_-

What Guys Said 10

• I think this co-worker is a hypocrite, but also shallow.

The truth is, you can't help what you're attracted to. There are overweight, even obese people, who are only attracted to "fit" or thin people. With this being said, that's not the reason why she's shallow

The reason why she is shallow is the fact she rejects guys due to their looks. I don't care what size you are or who you reject, if you reject someone due to looks, you're shallow. To flip the coin here, if a thin girl was a chubby chaser and rejected thin guys because she wasn't attracted to them, that girl would be shallow too.

She's a hypocrite because she's overweight too. I'm willing to be she would be angered if a guy rejected her because of her weight.

I'm shallow too, especially about looks but I would say nine out of ten girls in our age group are attractive enough to date or have sex with.

• oh well, she tries to go for what she wants. she ain't a settler, she's a reacher.

• She thinks BBW is actually a thing. I'm a over weight guy and I'm working out so seeing my self in her shoes I would go on a date with an over weight girl and give her a chance. But eventually if I keep my pace and get in shape I'll have room to say "no sorry but thanks for asking, we can do something as friends". Until that day I have no room to judge nor should she

• Is she a hypocrite?

• I am glad you are not a hypocrite and say both overweight men and overweight women that only want to date fit people are hypocrites but why do most women say overweight women can date who they want, yet they get pissed when an overweight guy only wants to date fit women? Why man?

• You've obviously never tried to argue with a woman. Just one of those fights not worth having with them, this is the same gender (proven by advertisers) that thinks if they buy a certain brand of hair dye they will look like the model on the box.

• I see no problem in that that's like bitchy girls should only date douchie guys when in reality there are plenty bitches who date nice guys

• Everyone is allowed to have preferences. Hers are a bit unrealistic but that's her problem.

• So? Lots of skinny dudes love fattys. She likes what she likes and plenty of fit dudes want a girl with meat on her bones. You go, big girl!

• Well damn, she thinks she cute!

• Nothing wrong with preferences.

• i'd say keep dreaming

• She just prefers, just like u prefer curvy girls, even tho I'm skinny

• You mean ''I'' and not ''you''

• Right lol, (whys the u gotta be next to the I in the keyboard)