What are the pros and cons of dating a single mother?

Recently started liking this girl i met but just today found out she's a single mother of 1.. i never dated a single mother and don't know if i even should, what are the pros and cons?

Most Helpful Guy

• The cons are:
    *-Her ex if he has visiting rights.
    *- The mother of that ex.
    *- When the child is hits it's puberty it will probably reject you unless it was very young when you met.

The pros:
    *-She has gone through a lot and probably has a sense of realism.
    *-If you're lucky she knows how to balance a budget.

• (She might be afraid of being dumped once more) So might the kid.

• wow you were dead on right on the ex having visits etc she let me know that and that was the deal breaker thanks didn't think about her ex you gave a good point

• That ex will always be a kind of ""mother in law". Ad the ex's mother (kid's granny) , that makes 2 MiLs.

What Girls Said 4

• Cons? Hmm the kid seeing you as a dad if you aren't into that
    Pros hmm all the good stuff that comes along with being a boyfriend and a kid liking you

• Her kid will be her first priority , that can be a pro or con.

• Well really if that bothers you than I guess you shouldn't b dating her

• Depending on how you look at it. You'll never be her top priority. If that's something you want then it ain't going to happen but, if you like not having a woman all over you every minute, then that would be a good thing. Find out where she stands with the father of her child, if there's a lot of drama don't get involved. If things are calm between the two of them or he's not in the picture, then that's good.

What Guys Said 5

• Pro's are
    1. Maturity
    2. She already knows how to raise kids.
    Cons
    1. You need financial stability for that child

• I would guess she would be focused on you from a dating point of view. but she will be looking for a fther to her child ( do not hurt her or use her).

• Pros- she might have booty and be a freak in bed
    Cons- she has a kid
    - her vag might look gross
    - she has a kid
    - she probably works 2 jobs
    -she has a kid

• Very few pros compared to the cons. In my experience, single mothers will do more to keep a man, as they know they are at a disadvantage in the dating game. Cons. If you are with her long enough you will be expected to raise and provide for the child, under certain cuircumstances, enforced by the law. Many of them have a chip on their shoulder. I suggest staying away. I would be so much more open to single mothers if thier wasn't huge potential for it to backfire in my face do to current laws.

• she has more experience and maturity but extra mouth to feed