Only dating college educated people?

I'm a college senior who will graduate next May. I believe college (or learning a skilled trade) is the only way to land a good paying career. I've come across several girls who simply choose not to go to college. The only good reasons not to go college are coming from a poor family where it might be hard to qualify for student loans, learning a trade or enlisting in the military.

Several friends tell me that I'm crazy to require potential girlfriends to be college educated. I just want to make sure she'll be able to support herself if something bad should happen to me. Is it that crazy I require potential dates to be college educated?

Most Helpful Guy

• well the vast majority of women are not college educated and also many of them that do get educations get worthless ones like philosophy or business! lol

do you not expect to support your wife in the future?

wanting an educated girl is what i want too... not because your reasons but because i have yet to meet an intelligent girl that didn't go to college

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't see anything wrong with wanting an educated girl?

• That's not crazy at all. That's a very good preference in my opinion. They shouldn't have to rely on another person to support them.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with that. However there is one exception I would allow, and that's if it wouldn't make sense for their profession. For example, auto mechanics, chefs, and hairdressers can go to a trade school and get the education they need to be qualified for their job. Trade schools are much cheaper than college so it's actually smarter not to go to college for those particular professions. If their profession can't properly be taught at a trade school, then they should definitely get a college education. It opens up a lot of opportunities.

What Guys Said 4

• Is that your real reason for insisting that girlfriends all have college degree? If you get married, you can get a life insurance policy that will take care of them. There are valid reasons to set your standards as you have done, but I don't believe the reason you articulated in your post.

• I think it is wrong to put that label on anyone. Some of the dumbest, most ignorant people I have met have advanced degrees. I have met some really smart individuals who did not go to college and followed their passion. As long as they ambitious I do not care if they went to college or not.

Also certain careers pay much more than the average person with a bachelors degree makes.

• It's fine plenty of college girls

• I get that you want a smart learned girl but I don't see why she has to be college educated. There are very smart people who aren't collge educated as well as college educated idiots.