Do Men Like Feminists?

I currently have a project for my gender studies class, and I need actual opinions and reasons to why men do and dont like feminists.
Anything helps!

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying feminist doesn't necessarily give a person personality characteristics. Perhaps if you rounded up all people that label themselves a feminist, you may find certain characteristics that majority have. But those characteristics may be found in majority of all people, or majority of another label. I guess I would need to see more/better research done on the label feminist before I could say whether or not I like a person associated with that label.

If you give me certain characteristics of a person, and I don't like some or all of them, and that person happens to be a feminist. Most likely I would not like that person. But if I like most or all of the characteristics, once again they happen to be a feminist, then most likely I would like them. I guess what I'm saying is, someone claiming to be a feminist wouldn't give me enough information to make a judgement on them.

So technically I shouldn't have replied to your question, since I couldn't really give an answer to fulfill the question.

What Guys Said 30

• This is what feminism is today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0

• Wow... Thats so sad, I never realised feminists were such fucking cunts in the US...
      Look how they are treating innocent people just for being guys, Calling them fucking scum and stuff... Feminists can go fuck themsevles, this shit is seriously fucked up :/.

• @riggers @archdruidmordred yup that is how they are. They'll cry NAFALT, claim "that's not feminism" and all that garbage. They'll insist up and down that they are "not true feminists" yet look at how many of them are there. Notice how one even said this was a part of her women's studies program. This is what these girls are paying tuition to do. This is their grand vision. They'll be stuck insisting bogus statistics are true and just keep convincing themselves all men are rapists until the day they die.

• I believe in equal rights for men and women, equal pay for women but only if they are doing the same job to the same high standard as the man is. Same applies to men if he is not doing the same job to the same high standard as the woman is then he should not be paid as much as the woman. I also believe in the fact a man should not feel obligated to give up his seat on a bus so a woman that is perfectly capable of standing herself can sit. In other words yes I do believe in equal rights and I believe it runs both ways. So that does make me a feminist. What I am against is women that claim they are feminists then act in ways that actually define them as a misandrist.

• While traditional feminism was a noble cause the original purpose has be greatly tainted, at least in the western world. So no, I do not like modern day feminists because they are no longer about equality, but supremacy and oppose anyone with views differing from their own agenda of both genders.

Lets get started with the "10 hours walking in New York". The video was meant to showcase how women are harassed on a daily basis... while there were a few cases where the guys may have been a little crude most of them were just saying hi or telling her to have a good day. What did they prove, that men are attracted to women and enjoy having conversations with them? The funny part is how at the end of the video they ask for donations.

Next up is the outrage over Dr. Matt Taylor's shirt as being "sexist". Wearing a shirt with images of women on it does not in anyway mean you don't care about them or think they are less than human. Men and women are generally attracted to each other and express that attraction is not sexist.

Yes means yes laws which require on going consent through out any sexual encounter. Anyone who has had sex knows how impractical this is and it puts the burden of proof on the accused.

Feminists feel that if a women agrees to has sex and later regrets that she should be able to retroactively remove consent. They also feel if a women accusing a guy of rape that we should just assume he is guilty because if she had to prove herself in an investigation she would be re-living the rape. I guess due process is of no issue to them.

Rebecca Watson made a video talking about how she was objectified if because a guy asked her to join him for coffee.

When you consider that their are women in other parts of the word or are not allowed to drive, who must be accompanied by a male when in public or risk being arrested or beaten and mainstream feminists are more concerned with the trivial issues mentioned before and consider that mainstream feminist attempt to censor women who disagree with them and tell women that they need feminism and if they don't realize it that they are misinformed and naïve it make you wonder if they even care about women or equality at all or if they are more interested in profiteering on a perceived victimhood

hmm

• It really depends on their personality and which specific aspects of Feminism the support. If they are one of those "Men are violent ooressors, I'm going to grow out my armpits, flash my tits, and sleep with as many men as possible" type of feminists then I respect their right to do so but I want nothing to do with them on a personal level. Or if she's one of those independent girls who still expect the guy to pay for all the dates, I dislike them.

I'm sorry but in the US I think women do for the most part have the same rights as men. If anything they have more reproductive rights than men. Let's say the guy wants the child but the girl doesn't, well the guys fucked. ets say the girl wants the kid but the guy doesn't, once again he's fucked and has no say in the matter.

I do think that women should get equal pay for the same work but from what I've read they pretty much do. When other factors are taken into account, the pay gap is way less than what is commonly preached.

• Modern day, first world feminists are just man hating, bitter people that want a matriarchy system in place. They're intolerable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80

• I don't like them, they tend to get off topic, a perfect example is "manspreading" what does that have to do with equality? They need to talk about real shit, not grasping at straws. The perfect example for real shit is Asia, except for places like Japan and South Korea, they treat women harshly and you won't hear a whisper from the average feminist about it.

And they also seem to be hypocritical, they talk about how much their voices aren't heard by screaming over/at someone who disagrees with whatever narrative that week they are pushing.

And speaking of narratives that change every week, one week they say how strong women are and how they don't need no man, the next they try to ban the word bossy by saying how women have such a weak mind that they can't do things they want because of a word, the week after that they start up a group called, "He for She" so that men would help women.

And continuing from there, it seems like Feminist are the ones who push the patriarchal belief that women are damsels in distress, because of things like "He for She" and the attempt to ban the word bossy.

My last thing about feminist being hypocritical, is that when an actress/female singer says they aren't a feminist or they like to fit in their gender role, at least sometimes, they get a backlash from feminist. Shouldn't feminist be okay with whatever choices women make, as long as it doesn't directly harm people, because THEY made that choice?

PS. Yes I know you shouldn't put "And" for the first word of a paragraph, but it looks so damn cluttered if I don't split it up like I did.
    PPS. There is more but, I could be talking about feminist all day and the things they do now that are pointless and seem at best petty. And they also seem to believe that the only thing that men and boys face is not being able to express our feelings. There are much worse things that should be absolutely against human rights that men and boys have to deal with at least here in the US.

• It depends on what type of feminist she is. If she's the one to blame men for everything and always is complaining about every stupid shit, no, I don't even want her near me.
    If she's the one that fights for what really needs to change, and supporting males too, seeing both sides if the picture, then yeah, that's a cool girl that I wouldn't dislike (at least not for that).

• If all they want to do is improve conditions for women, fine. Emma Watson's U. N. speech I can get behind.

I generally don't respect them. Why? The majority are clueless about what it's like to be male. They take the worst guys and the most powerful guys and conclude that we're all privileged rapists-in-waiting.

Fair enough that you had some bad experiences with men, but that is not my fault. I had bad experiences with women too. But I don't write columns blaming all other women for that.

They're also oblivious to their own privilege.

I had some radical feminist friends, and they were like any other extreme political group. Convinced they held the truth and engaged in a zero-sum game with the rest of the world. I disagreed with them on something and they turned on me, bullied me and won't talk to me anymore.

• I do support Feminist and one thing about me
    i believe women and children come first before men
    but i do support equal rights for all but i got old fashion
    morals that you place women and children first in any
    relationship.. If i was with a girl for three years and
    we got married and she got pregnant the baby than
    would come first than the woman and as a man i come
    last.

• This is your feminism. You can say "well what they did was wrong" and act like you actually care. We know you support the same thing they support and you may not do something like that, you certainly won't be standing with the men hand-in-hand enduring that. You're just the person who watches from the lawn chair from a safe distance away, maybe cheering, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCD_T9Qqpc

• I like femininity but i think gender roles are crucial to a normal and healthy society
    I like feminists, they fight for their rights and i respect that, but women are women and men are men and we will never be equal...
    but that does not mean one is lesser than the other just different
    and we should respect these differences and each other

• Feminists are self entitled, delusional, victim complex misandrists.

Everything that comes out of their mouths are lies. THERE IS NO WAGE GAP. Women get paid the same amount for the same job. Please compare apples and apples. Not apples and oranges.

• it depends on how far to the feminazi side they are. If i had to pick though, between a girl who wasn't a feminist and one that was, i'd probably go with the non feminist, as i dont believe that you necessarily need to call yourself a feminist to be in favour of equal rights for women.

• I don't care for the feminists who say men are the root of all evil, cause I think its based on parenting and personality. I'm for the ones who just want equal rights and stuff as men and rightfully so. So it depends.

• No problem to me, as long as she's a nice person she can be extremely feminist, I'll respect and accept that :D

• Just like other women. Her personality comes first. No problem thus.

• feminists are liars in pretty much every regard. not only do they hate or not give a damn about men but the dont care about women either. they ignore the women in the middle east that actually need their help and also ruin women in their own country by victimizing them and call them "empowering" for every little thing they do. thats literally bringing someone down making them seem helpless and call them strong for something simple like breaking up with someone

• i do. the reason most men dont like feminists is because they dont know what it is, and these "feminazis" are diluting the original purpose of the ideas of feminisim

feminism is: equality for all sexes. not just women and men.

• Depends. If they're actually for equality of both men and women, then yes.

But the gender studies types are often purely focused on women's issues. No offense to you of course, but it's the general attitude that I get from some of these people. Not all of them though.

• This is why I would rather date someone who considers herself an egalitarian, rather than a feminist.

• I took a Gender/women's studies class last semester. My professor spent the entire lecture time saying how women are better and men are evil.

I believe women should have the same rights as men but I think feminism needs to go.

• If you don't mind me asking, why do you believe feminism has to go?

• Thank you for your input!

• No problem, glad to help

• I don't, I like equalists instead,

• If you don't mind me asking, what makes you believe that feminism and equalists are different?

• @amarahorrorstory true, but like I said, there has been no feminist out in the streets complaining about the special treatment women have in court, so until I see a feminist say that and mean it, just like they do with women's issues, I'll believe the fact that they do fight fpr total equality.
      Even the definition of feminism says that they just fight for women.

• @AleDeEurope I think it also depends on the type of feminist you consider yourself. Usually the things I read into do shoot that type of crap down. If men are being deprived of something it should be discussed.

• I don't think most guys really know what femanist are, I don't. Woman who want to be treated equal sure go for it. But as long as they don't look down on woman who have traditional gender roles I'm fine with it.

• It's really evenly split to be honest. A lot of guys don't and a lot of guys don't mind them.

• I think feminists are try hards who accomplish nothing more than defaced the value of equality. sure there are inequalities, but they are going about it incorrectly.

• If you don't mind me asking, why do you say they are going about inequality incorrectly?

• The right way would be for them to gather evidence of inequality in laws, corporate wrong-doings and any other facets. then atatck those inequalities by amending laws, getting new laws created etc...

when a femininsts attacks videogames and art it is complety Stupid, art is art and it can portray anything art desires. When feminsists attack art and videogames it reminds me of Nazis burning books and arts in pit fires because those art styles and books didn't fit thier agenda.

• Did you know that before women came into the work field the average man was making 50k a year for his family? that was more than enough to buy a car and a home. but when women entered the workfield The average income went down to about 25k a person. that means that both the wife and husband were mzking less combined than when it was a 1 family income.

so basically corporations took advantage by the influx of labor supply.

• No I don't.

• i don't. They need to sling shot them selves into an abortion clinic.

• I don't like all the bad stuff feminism does so I'd rather not. As long as she is a good person I wouldn't care though. I think feminism does more to separate the genders and put up boundaries than bring everyone Closer together.

• Feminists who actually want equality, yes. I want equality too. I want people to be equal. That's what we all are. We're human beings and we all have the same worth. Now, feminists who go nuts and try to more or less force people to do things or generally just act dumb/crazy/stupid... Those are the ones that piss me off.

• Generally, no.

• I'm a feminist, and I'm a guy. What I don't like, are feminazis and yes, there's a diff.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd say most font but I don't really care

• As long as they aren't cunts about it being a feminist.

• Male feminists are awesome!

• This was bf's problem. Women claimed that they weren't being hired as firefighters because of their gender. But in all honesty who do you trust more in a fire? a 100lb woman or a 200lb man? He knows it's possible for the woman to pick people up. But the women that are complaining are the ones that failed the physical exam. Now the physical exam is made easier for them and he doesn't find it fair bc that means they'll get the job before he does. When there is a real fire, what happens then? What if they can't get anybody out of the building?

Today I simply asked him to carry my bag bc it's heavy. He said no and told me that this teaches me not to bring so much, and that if i want to be his equal, I need to carry my own things like he carries his.

He supports them if they follow it completely

• There are men who appreciate them.