Can I date an 18 year old?

I'm 24 years old. I personally think it's ok. I'm pretty sure this girl likes me but even she might think it's too big a gap. I'm afraid my family and friends will look down on me too. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with you dating a woman who is 18. Just be considerate of the fact that she will need time to make decisions you have already worked through. Don't rush her or tell her what to do. She must find her own way, just as you did.

Give your family time and work on developing relationships between your girlfriend and relatives. They will eventually see what you do and come around.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not wrong but it can seem like you're taking advantage of her being naïve at that transitional age. The younger the person is, the bigger the age gap is. You just have to ask yourself if you make each other happy and if you both are on the same maturity level give or take a few.

• Yes, perfectly legal.
    But, depending, you two may be on different maturity levels.. different places in life and all.

What Guys Said 2

• Its legal. I would wonder why.

• All that matters is that you make each other happy.