Dating a model?

I hate telling guys that I'm a model and I hate when they find out I am. For some reason it changes how they see me.

What's so bad about dating a model?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is about perception, meaning how the general public perceives a certain occupation. For example, if you know your friend is an undercover cop/agent, your perception of him may change as oppose to if he is an accountant.

Being a model means you work in the entertainment industry; front end. There are all kinds of perception about this industry; especially the front end artists. And you can't help it. All you can do is figure out what kind of guy you want, and focus on him, the way you focus on where you want to end up at.

What Guys Said 3

• It's most likely because they see you as somone who is out of their leauge and they might feel a bit insecure about themselves when they try to approach you or be around you.

• models tend to be beautiful. I have run into many situations where beautiful women had zero personality and tried to cover it up with their looks. I am more cautious when meeting beautiful women than not. Modeling, in particular, is a profession that people might think you don't have to have personality or intellect.

• Because most models are stuck up.

What Girls Said 1

• I've noticed it myself. A lot of blokes tend to think that you either get your kit off at every given opportunity or you're just some dumb clothes horse. I usually get greeted with a blank look when I explain I'm an alternative model.