Is it true that teenage boys prefer pretty girls instead of CUTE?

For my age I don't really look like most the girls because I'm slightly smaller (not so much), and they're just a little more developed than me (most but not all), and I kinda have that innocent look. It's hard because no guys see me as more than a friend, and when I admit to a guy that I like him they always get awkward, and never tell me exactly how they feel.
In general, boys tell me I'm cute but not pretty. Not sure what that's supposed to mean or if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I'm wondering if that's the reason why boys don't ask me out.

• yeah that's true
  • no I don't see a problem
  • it depends
  • I'm not sure

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute girls are pretty too...

What Guys Said 12

• "Cute" is far higher compliment. Guys don't refer to women to whom we are attracted, as "pretty". That is more reserved for mother, sister, etc.

• no lol. pretty and cute go hand in hand. kendall jenner and victoria justice are pretty, cute, and hot. lol the words are interchangable. i have never once in my life found a girl to be "pretty" but not "Cute".. or "cute" but not "pretty" lol it doesn't work like that

• I LOVE Victoria justice👌

• Don't know about that, but i think teenage guys do prefer older girls

• depends on da teen boi obviously

• teenage boys will sleep with anything and everything given the chance. It doesn't matter if you are pretty or cute.

Never understood how teenage girls find it hard to get guys. It literally is like shooting fish in a barrel for women

• Depends on the guy

• everyone has different tastes

• I prefer cute girls. I think having an innocent look is feminine and very attractive. But I'm sure it depends on the guy.

• Depends on the guy

• pretty girls go on magazines
    cute girls go in anime
    choose your partners considerably

• I like cute girls more than pretty girls

• Teenage boys are taking orders directly from Mr. Wiggly. They go exactly where he tells them to go!

What Girls Said 2

• naah depends on the guy

• Depends on your personality and if you can do more stuff than those other girls