Guys, confused girl needing advice?

I've been dating this guy for almost 6 months, I recently brought up defining our relationship (we had already established being monogamous) and he said he didn't want to label anything but cared for me a lot and does want things to continue. This weekend he introduced me as his girlfriend to his coworkers, I was surprised because that's a label... however I didn't say anything at that time. I'm a little confused as to what he means by doing that? Is he DTR without actually talking about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a commitment of monogamous and he refers to you as his girlfriend. I think you know where you stand, but. . . you shouldn't let this pass without at least a little discussion. How you handle things early in the relationship sets the pattern for what happens later, and you don't want major decisions being made by silent understandings.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Well, you said you have been dating him (keyword dating) for 6 months. Dating usually implies boyfriend / girlfriend. He probably harbored no ill will in saying it.

If you aren't friends with benefits , and you are spending a lot of time together, and you are more than a friend, you are a girlfriend. I mean, when he introduced, he could have said you were a friend, but wouldn't that be "labeling" it too?

0|0
    0|0
  • It would seem to me that he sees the two of you as more than he was letting on or he just drew a line between him self and this other person that he doesn't want them to cross

0|0
    0|0
  • He totally is.

0|0
    0|0
  • He already said you were his girlfriend. You answered your own question in the very beginning

0|1
    0|0
  • Just commenting here to say how stupid society has become that a thing such as "DTR" exists.

0|0
    0|0