Guys, confused girl needing advice?

I've been dating this guy for almost 6 months, I recently brought up defining our relationship (we had already established being monogamous) and he said he didn't want to label anything but cared for me a lot and does want things to continue. This weekend he introduced me as his girlfriend to his coworkers, I was surprised because that's a label... however I didn't say anything at that time. I'm a little confused as to what he means by doing that? Is he DTR without actually talking about it?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a commitment of monogamous and he refers to you as his girlfriend. I think you know where you stand, but. . . you shouldn't let this pass without at least a little discussion. How you handle things early in the relationship sets the pattern for what happens later, and you don't want major decisions being made by silent understandings.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, you said you have been dating him (keyword dating) for 6 months. Dating usually implies boyfriend / girlfriend. He probably harbored no ill will in saying it.

If you aren't friends with benefits , and you are spending a lot of time together, and you are more than a friend, you are a girlfriend. I mean, when he introduced, he could have said you were a friend, but wouldn't that be "labeling" it too?

• It would seem to me that he sees the two of you as more than he was letting on or he just drew a line between him self and this other person that he doesn't want them to cross

• He totally is.

• He already said you were his girlfriend. You answered your own question in the very beginning

• Just commenting here to say how stupid society has become that a thing such as "DTR" exists.