Are most of your friends of the opposite sex? Has this caused problems in any of your relationships?

this is me and I say YES.

Most Helpful Guy

• there has been lots of girls I was friends with over the years , I seemed to meet a lot more girls as friends than guys. I find when being friends with girls is always issues and always going to be that element of are we more than friends or a sexual attraction. its hard to stay just friends even if you want to , so a lot of these friendships didn't last forever and over time seem to fade away

What Girls Said 12

• I think the majority of my friends have been male but it hasn't caused any problems with my boyfriend.

• Most of my friends have been male. I have fallen for many of them over the years, but the feelings were never mutual. Only three of them continued to be friends after I told them I had feelings, and I still talk to two of them.
    There are two other guys who I've been close to for years, but neither of them have ever said that they liked me and I've never liked them in that way so we are still very close.

Some of the friendships were lost due to my feelings, only a few continued after I revealed feelings, and the ones where neither side felt anything more than friendship are still very close to me.

• Oh I miss read the question, damn.
      My friendships with guys have caused their girlfriends to get jealous.

• Only have one girl friend, the rest are men. I'm in a long distance relationship currently and we haven't had any problems.

• I have a lot of friends who are men, but I am also working in a male-dominated field so this is to be expected. If some guy doesn't trust me enough to hang out with friends who happen to be males, then I'm sorry, he's not staying. NEXT.

• Nope. All of my friends are girls... unfortunately.

• Yup most of my friends are guys, but I've known most of them since I was four years old so it's all 100% platonic xD And I think that when I get a boyfriend there's a good chance he'll become friends with them as well so he'd know there's nothing going on.

Most female friends I had/have are from school and I just graduated so I wonder how that will turn out ( ._.) Can't really talk about this amazing pair of heels with the boys lol.

• yeah practically all my friends are guys cause of the amount of sport i play, only have about 4 close girls but yeah, no problems that i know of in my relationship from this :) @MarkyyG123 ? ahhaha

• Yes it has , my last relationship ended because he found out I slept with my best friend

• Yeah, quite many of em. It hasn't caused any problems for me, or my boyfriend. But their girlfriends got jealous tho.

• Yeah basically most of my friends are guys, only have a few of close girl friends. No problem in my relationship, but a few of my friend's girlfriend got jealous. Tough situation back then.

• Yes, most of my friends are guys and no, it hasn't been a problem

• YES and YES

What Guys Said 13

• Not most for sure, but I have 2 extremely close female friends, both going on 8 years or more. It has been an issue for me, but not huge, mostly mf gfs just say they are uncomfortable when one of us visits the other (spending nights) but they trust me in the end. If they made it an ultimatum, I would choose my friend every time though, they had been around long long before any girlfriend came along at this point.

• I had one female that wanted to sing for me while she was taking a shower on the phone with me and my girl got pissed and Ordered me to cut her loose

• I have more friends who are girls than guys. The reason why is because I'm a ladies' man. The girls just love me! =D No, this hasn't caused a problem in any relationship. I had a girlfriend and she saw all of my female friends on Facebook, but I told her that I only loved her. She later cheated on me. I have a best female friend in the whole world and I want to tell her that I love her, but she isn't very brith and I don't want to crush her heart. She is a sweet girl, but just not for me. All of these girls I have, only one is not pretty. She is super short and has no great personality. My best friend in the whole world is a real gorgeous girl and I'm secretly in love with her.

• I would say yes, the questions of how long I've known her, have I ever felt anything for her other than friends, all sorts of shit. Only in one r/s did that happen but that was in my best guess more to do with the girl than anything else.

• Yup, my most recent ex got territorial when she saw that one of my college friends on Facebook looked a lot like her!

She tried to play it off like she was joking, but I saw through it. Luckily they never met!

• I wish most of my friends were girls. Female friends are da bomb.

• Yes, why would it?

• No I don't have a lot of friends to begin with.

• Both my friends are girls, never had a relationship...

• a lot of my friends are female, but probably not most of them. but it has caused problems for me with relationships. some girls just get jealous easily, especially if you have good looking female friends but what can you do?

• Yeah but are they ( male friends) being upfront or honest about if they are wanting you more than just friends?

• No,
    filler

• I never had female friends too ugly for them.