He's been distant, I don't know what to do or think

We've been dating for a year, and I go to college and work two jobs, I talk to him everyday but sometimes can't see him everyday.

Well he got lonely and started hanging out with my best friend. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a message he wrote to her on Facebook.

Heavy flirting, telling her how much he wanted to have sex with her, how he's starting to like her but how mad I would be if I knew.

She, didn't tell him to stop.

I told my best friend to get out of my life, and had a talk with my boyfriend.

Told him I was giving him one last chance and that I would be there for him more.

Well, he went back to her and I asked him to end things with her again. He did.

But since then he's been distant.

When I wanna hang out with him, he will say "maybe" and won't text me back.

It's been two days since we talk.

Last time we talked, I told him he needed to step up and act like a man, to get serious if he wanted our relationship to last.

He backed down told me I was making him feel useless and he's barely talking to me now.

Should I talk to him or wait?

He's needy, but I want him to feel like he's going to lose me if he doesn't step up his game.

How should I do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that losing you might be the plan. If he's a needy guy, he's probably somewhat underdeveloped emotionally. Those type of guys love to wallow in self pity. Rather than be a man and tell you it's over he'll let it fall apart until you dump him so that he can go on claiming that nothing ever works out for him, that he's unlovable, that he'll always screw it up, blah blah effing blah.

I honestly think that he's sabotaging the relationship, that he wants to lose it. Sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do. I know it sucks and hurts, but I say it's time to move on.

What Guys Said 3

• One last chance was one too many.

He was virtually unfaithful to you, not to mention dishonest. These alone should be a show-stopper.

You're in the right. I don't like to call names, but the police technical term 'dirtbag' comes to mind.

He feels useless? He should feel that way. He is useless...

He's needy? Let someone else fill his 'needs'.

Ted

• Leave his sorry cheating ass. He's distant because he's trying to decide which is better for him. You or her. Make his mind up for him. Say goodbye.

• he's distant cus he was happy with the other chick and he didn't really want to give her up and now all he has is you

What Girls Said 0