What is the longest period of time you had a crush on someone, where nothing ever materialized out of it?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• current situation. almost a year now.

• Have u tried stopping? Are the feelings unrequited? Or why has it gone on so long with nothing happening?

• ill follow u from my friends acnt pls accept, start with b too

• hmm well i thought i did, but i guess that wasn't u lol.
      eh, maybe going into details isn't a good idea anyway.

What Girls Said 12

• 3 whole years.

• Ouch. Is it because you wanted to, or was it beyond your control? Were you being led on? 3 years is a while..

• I don't know. It's just how it was. I think the small chance that he does like me is what kept me interested. Couldn't help what my heart felt.

• yea.. i know exactly how you feel.. can't help it, and i am trying to avoid, but that doesn't seem to be working.

• 1 year. But I never really intended to pursue a relationship with this person. so, thats why

• u can crush on someone who you dodnt intend to pursue a relationship? how and for what reason did you start liking he person then?

• i was 14. hormones. and i didn't really want a rs at that time. wouldn't really know what to do with it lol

• 8 years -.-

• Um I don't know I don't get many crushes.

• ugh like 9 months

• Almost a year

• wow, that is a while. what made you get over it if you don't mind me asking?

• have you tried to get over it? or is it something you can't control? i am trying to avoid my crush but.. can you relate to the fact that even if you avoid them, it's hard to get them off your mind?

• Yep, thought it would pass, but hasn't. It's not something I have control of, and as far as avoiding them, I haven't seen him in about a month & I still have feelings for him.

• Three years..

• During high school.

• Over a year but mostly because I was being led on that something would happen.

• 4 years of high school into my freshman year of college. I asked him out, but he had a girlfriend... still liked him (but not, I didn't try anything). When I heard he broke up, I gave him time to recover and asked how he was. He said "Not dating for a long time", so nothing ever happened. My junior year of college he contacted me and wanted to get together... but by then it was too late.

• I don't like wasting my time, so not very long. I find out if he's interested if he is great, if he isn't I move on.

• What if he shows you he is very interested, but things seem to be moving slow?

• The longest for me was 2 years