How should I text her?

School has been out for a week and I have a crush at school. I am really into her but I don't think she is into me more than a freind. She is naturally really sweet so I don't know if she is being nice just because or because she likes me. I have her phone number that I got through I school project. We only texted about school before. Should I text her today or will I be playing too desperate. I really like her and we are both going to be seniors next year. We are both considered attractive but there is no way she will end the summer single. I really need help!

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't be considered desperate if you texted her now. This is the first time you've texted her out of school, right? Just start off by saying "Hey it's...," then talk a little, ask how things are going, and end it. You could try asking a little later on if she wants to hook up sometime and hang out, once you get comfortable texting. After a while of texting try flirting a little, make comments about her, like she has really pretty eyes or something.

You're overthinking this, honestly, it would be considered desperate if you texted her every single day over and over, and it would really turn her away if you started off creepily with some random request to hang out. Take it slow, but let her know with little hints that you like her more than a friend. If she only likes you as a friend, she'll most likely let you know it.

What Girls Said 2

• With your phone, using your fingers and a little bit of a thought process.

• just say hi!

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should just wait till' you go back to school so you can talk to her face to face but if you do decide to text her I would say start with something like "I know this is random and we barely know each other I think your cute and I would like to invite you to hang out with me and a few of my friends sometime if your free" this is an example but you can put your own twist on it

• Ya, shoot her a text. Stop over thinking it. She's either going to want to hang out with you sometime or not at which point you can move your attention onto another girl. If you text her a few times and she keeps canceling plans, not responding or goes cold on you then just move on. Just tell her you wanna hang out together, and invite her to do something fun like go swimming. Be confident in yourself (even if you have to fake it)