Guys/Girls - would you date someone with an unconventional look?

Would you date someone with an unconventional look (whether it's extreme like crazy hair/piercings/lots of tattoos/et-cetera or just subtlety & slightly out of the ordinary/different than what you are into) or do you have a preference that you stay pretty true to?

Give examples in the comments... (what you look for, what you'd consider, and what you wouldn't tolerate/give a chance)

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe, it depends (explain...)

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer them alternative, but also elegant and mysterious, if that makes sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like all that tattoo, piercing, alternative, dreadlocks, etc. crap. Pretty girls look so damn pretty just with their natural look.

But hey, look at my profile pic, maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

• What profile pic?

"Pretty girls look so damn pretty just with their natural look." definitely agree with this.

... but I feel like I'm unconventional by default so that's why I was asking this question.

• Everyone feels unconventional bro. And by profile pic, I meant the avatar thing with the purple background. That's the one for "old-fashioned".
      @whatevermaybewillbe

What Girls Said 3

• define "conventional"

• I'm not going to repeat the correct definition found in the dictionary but I will share what comes to mind for the male version.

It's pretty much the type of guys I see at the gym all the time.

- in shape with a little muscle tone but not overly buff, short hair with little to no facial hair, bland clothes that are fitted and a bland personality... it's kind of hard to explain but it's the typical look that varies from place to place, every town/city has it for both men & women.

• yeah i wanted ur own definition, not the dictionary one hehe =]

anyway, ok so ur referring to a jock i guess. well, i thrive on being different myself even tho i probably dont 'look' different to anyone else.
      I'm drawn to guys who r different, either in looks or personality. it makes them more mysterious to me and id want to know more.

• Yes!! There's a severe shortage of guys with spikey died hair. And tattoos ugh I love tattoos. Not too many so you can't really see the pictures but some well thought throgh well placed tattoos. Sexy!! I also have lots of piercings and dyed hair as well as dressing a little.. erm. Well unconventional. So maybe I'm just hoping for someone as eccentric as I am? I don't know if like "basic" girls would want that kind of guy. That's ok more for me!!

• I love tattoos, piercings are meh but they can look great on the right guy, Michael Clifford has tried every single color on his hair and he managed to look exremely cute in each one of them. And this was my point of view..:D

What Guys Said 3

• Sure for a while as long as its not to crazy and she's some wild girl

• It depends on the look

• Hmmm I don't know lol.