Guys, Do I reply to this message or ignore it?

I've been seeing a guy for a few months now and we see eachother 1-2 times a week and talk most days. We both have said we like each other
Today I decided I would ask if he wanted to do something tonight
3 hours later and no reply so I texted saying "you wouldn't have offended me for saying no"
he replied immediately saying "sorry! I'm in bed, I've gad 8 needles in my ass :("
(needles was because he has a pinched nerve)

I haven't replied yet
Shoukd I reply saying "it takes 2 seconds to say no, this stuff pushes me away"
or not reply?
what will speak louder? It's not hard to let me know

10

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy has been stuck with 8 needles! IN HIS ASS! lol. I wouldn't have replied to you right away either. I'd just ignore my phone and pray for a swift death.

Seriously, if you don't think "sorry, I've got 8 needles in my ass" answers your question "you wanna go out partying?" there is something wrong with you. Maybe cut the guy some slack? you seem to be taking this personally...

• He didn't reply at all.. This wasn't a delayed response it was no response at all. I had to send another message which he replied to within 30 seconds. And it was about plans wouldn't you just say I can't
      Imagine you asked a girl you had been seeing for a few months and she just didn't reply and then sent that it's like yes that totally sucks your in pain but you'd at least what them to let u know they can't do anything that night

• Okay, but try to think of it from his perspective. what if you had 8 needles in your ass and were in intense pain, especially when you moved? Would you really want to get up and walk across the room just to get your phone and reply to a text?
      Personally, I wouldn't even bother unless I thought it was an emergency. Which probably would have involved many texts close together in quick succession.

I mean, I am kind of a paranoid person so if someone doesn't reply for 3 hours, I'd be freaking out inside. lol. But once I heard they have several needles in the ass, thus explaining why the person didn't want to move around very much, I'd be okay with that. So I can appreciate where you're coming from. I just think maybe you could give this guy a break.

You know what, you could even text him and ask him how his ass is doing. lol.

What Guys Said 9

• I think your reading to much into this. He may not have had his phone on him, I usually don't especially if I am at home. And as for the pushing you away, isn't being upset over one delayed response a bit much, and won't that push him away?

• What and you think acting like a cunt won't push him away? Yeah, he's just going to delay whatever medical procedure he had to have so he can check his phone every 15 minutes to see if anyone has texted him. When he's busy with something, texting is a priority and not on his mind. You're going to have to accept that, guarantee that if you don't you're going to have a lot more problems and not just with him. It must really suck that other people's lives don't run on your schedule.

• Excuse me? Can you calm down I'm asking for advice not for someone to be completely rude. You realise you can get it across without sounding like an asshole?
      It's not a medical procedure he's had 8 needles in his ass
      I sent the message 5 hours earlier.. You really don't think he couldn't have sent a quick reply saying sorry I can't tonight I've had 8 needles in my ass? The fact it took me another message to send (which I don't normally do) for him to say that which mind you he replied within 30 seconds.. It's not that hard when I had asked if he wanted to hang out. I'm not asking for him to do back flips and if he can't or won't that's totally fine just say it though

• Sending texts is like playing tennis, when you hit the ball you HAVE to wait till they hit it back. I never, EVER send a second text if someone doesn't reply.

• Wtf? Give him a break lol

• def not reply. if you go with the first option it will just make you look butthurt. dont listen to anyone else.. you have good insight to acknowledge that it takes 2 seconds to reply and once you sent that last reply he immediately stopped what he was doing and texted back because he knows he has the power in the conversation and is now just stringing you along.

• He doesn't sound interested, I wouldn't bother at all.

• When I was replying shit once he had said he feels like I'm sending him mixed signals. Should I say that to him or just not reply.

• Don't bother replying he know that it only takes 2 second to reply

• Don't bother because most people have their phone with them when they sleep and he's not even trying to look interested

• ignore it, since he did eventually text back but still didn't answer your question i'd say he's either high or stupid. or simply not interested

• he isn't interested in you, why tell him anything?

• Don't listen to these other people, just let it go.