Guys, do you really like texting with the girl you're dating?

What are your thoughts about texting and dating? Do you like it or do you only do it when its necessarly?

Do you care if a girl texts you a lot while dating? Guys what do you think?

9

Most Helpful Guy

• I love to be able to talk to the girl I like in any way possible and what usually happens is that I actually write to much and feels bad for writing walls of text whenever I can. So yes, I'd love to date a girl who'd text me a lot. But I bet that I'd write even more because when I'm on a role I can write pages just because I enjoy talking so much. :P

• but if a girl didn't text you a lot, or didn't start the convo a lot over text would that bother you?

• i guess you can only speak for yourself and what you like, but i dating this guy (have only been on one date) and snce im quite inexperienced with guy i have no idea what he wants lol. So we went on a date on Saturday, he texted me twice that Sunday, and when i messaged him on Monday it took him 7 hpurs to reply.. it took me maybe 10 hours to reply to that message, and then he took 2-3 hours to answer that message and the last thing me messaged eaother was "good night" on tuseday.

Im not sure if i should message him, because i dont know if he likes it.. i mean its not a lot you can say to someone when there is a little language barrier.. am i just over thinking this big time?

• Of course I'm only talking from my own perspective so I can't tell you how he's feeling about it. I don't think that you have to worry that much about because he hasn't really shown any sign of not liking it. Just keep sending him texts as long as he actually responds.
      Just take it easy and talk whenever you can with him. He's probably a bit nervous about talking to you as well because of the language barrier but if you both work for it you're surely going to get past it. :)

What Guys Said 8

• If I like her, yes

• I don't like to text! I love face to face conversations.

• Yes, I like it. And I don't like messaging all day; it gets boring really fast. It must be every now and then, not regularly, so that it keeps the charm.

• when you say regularly do you mean once a day, once every second day or close to once or twice a week?

• Regularly means you know when it's going to happen, even if it's once a year. Of course, if a girl texts me on Sundays, it'll take more time for me to get bored than if she texted me every night. We like to have a little mystery in our lives. If you manage to surprise with your messages, you'll probably succeed in making him wait for them.

• Okay, I got ya ;) mystery is the key

• Ideal woman would someone who uses texxts to notify when they have time to meet up face to face or use text to notify when they can receive a phone call.

Seriously I think texting has ruined so many potential relationships with the bull

• texting is a wait of time unless it is for quick messages.

• Interesting.. can you Please elaborate?

• why not just call someone instead. The only time that texting is worth while is for information that might need to be seen more than once like an address or something. Texting is slow and makes you hang on and wait for someone to reply. it also lets people play these stupid mind games with how long should you wait and what is the right time to text someone just talk to them it is infinitely more efficient.

• no because texting is an activity for women

• yes but not that much

• To some extent, but to be honest no. I would rather setup dates with her and use have things to talk about during the actual face to face conversation. It's so boring to tell the person you're dating everything early on, and the by the time you sit down you sit there and go: right... so uhh what are we going to talk about? We've talked about our days at work/school/etc. and everything else in between.

• so you would pretty much only text if you wanted to set up a date?

• Well I would still have some small talk, but I don't want to be full blown talking about every detail of our day you know? It's just too much, I feel like I am an anomaly to our generation because I don't like texting all day every day, where as everyone else does and it really drains the fun out of the relationship.