What is it with some girls (mainly black) not liking lighteys?

I just texted a girl who told me im cute, but Im light. I then asked her "you dont like light"? And she said "Not really but im not fussy if they cute". I am mixed race. What is it about us "lighteys", that they dont like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Forget her. This is a girl who obviously doesn't know how to communicate nor be nice about anything. To criticize your skin colour is just rude. It's something you were born with and to make a comment like that is uncalled for. If it is her preference to date a man with darker skin, so be it, but there is such a thing as having some tact, and she has none. There is obviously nothing wrong with your skin colour no matter what it is, nor your mixed race - and you are focusing on one girl who you seem to like who told you something rude and childish. She's doing you a favour by not being interested in you. Find someone who adores you for you and loves all of you including how you look and stop wasting time on girls who have preferences that they don't know how to convey or keep to themselves, lest hurting guys in the process. She needs to grow up, and you should be moving on. I think it's obvious no matter where you read it that your skin colour isn't the issue. It's her.

What Girls Said 2

• Really the only people I ever here black people talk about are light skins or mixed people. That's why people don't go out with me, I'm too dark.
    The lightship look is very much in

• Whats the difference between lightskin and mixed race?

• When your mixed that means your two mixed races. When your light skin you may just be one race but you just happen to have light skin.
      My sister is black just like I am but she has light skin

• Ummm she sounds immature and possibly ghetto lol only the ghettos in hs go on like that :I

• Or she is just into dark skin black guys because they are more attractive to her personally.

What Guys Said 3

• Everyone has a preference I suppose

• they love light skinned guys its just that their usually players

• I think you're right. I've been called a flirt/Manwhore even though im not. Im just friendly and easy to approach

• Mutts are no sought after?