Did you fall in love at first sight or did you first get to know the person?

Most Helpful Girl

• I knew the minute I met him that he was the one. Literally my first thought was "it's going to be adorable to tell our children we met on our first day of orientation." Immediately I brushed that off and laughed at myself for being ridiculous. Love can't happen at first sight. Intuition and attraction yes, but not love.
    Now that same person is my best friend, we've gotten to know each other and a very deep level the last five years. That didn't happen over night, It's taken all five years and a lot of work and setbacks to grow that love and relationship. But it grows every day. He's the only person I would spend the rest of my life with, and though that isn't on the table yet, I know that's the case.

What Guys Said 1

• Its both possible, Love is not what we control sometimes we will see somebody we have never seen before and in matter of few seconds he/she is our crush and then there is this second type of love you know know know better and as the time goes on you fall in love with, personally i would want to have the second type, thou its out of control you dont choose

What Girls Said 3

• Love at first sight isn't real.
    You have to know the person to love them. That's just how it works.
    People who think that love at first sight is a thing have a very weird definition of love then.

• I got to know the person first, but I did feel an unexplainable attraction at 1st meeting (which was mostly only by written chat, and a few pics). Kind of a soul connection from the start. You will laugh at me, but it's true. I only called it love after knowing him for at least a month, i think. Eventhough love grew so much more since the 1st time i said those 3 words to him.

• I have to get to know the person.