Teen girls, why are you all so attracted to guys in their 20s?

It seems like all girls around 16-19 love it when a guy is in his 20s. I am 24 and recently met a 18 year old at work and once she found out my age she seemed much friendlier, listened a lot more, and seemed attracted to me and more nervous. Do young girls perceive older guys as more authoritative and powerful than guys their own age? I don't get it.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• I mainly prefer older guys before I kind of hope (although know that most guys are always kinda like kids in their heads) that with age they also become more mature, reliable and responsible, as well as more confident in life. I don't know it's just something I find attractive...

What Girls Said 15

• I know personally that when I was a teen, I was attracted to older guys because high school boys were extremely petty and immature - which isn't their fault, due to their age and maturity. Older men seemed more established, "cooler", and mature.

• I honestly think it has more to do with looks than anything else. I look a million times better now than I did when I was 18. Not as scrawny, better hairstyle/clothes, and my skin is clear.

• That could potentially be it as well.

• For me age doesn't matter and with my mind set I might get in trouble because sometimes i'd see this really cute boy and by the way I have an immature personality for the most part and then when I find out his age. I have to think for a minute and then realize that it would be illegal for us to date. Even though I keep getting confused for a 15 year old.^^

• Because guys their age don't have cars usually or a job. They're immature usually and still going through puberty. So there's your answer.

• Usually guys our own age are just immature and annoying and when we think of older guys we think of exactly what you said and someone that will love us good and protect is like we're they're little sisters.

• I don't know about that.

• just maturity

• Yes, I only date guys between 21-24. They are much more mature and interesting!

• Because guys at that age can teach u things and basically be more mature.. That's why.. :)

• Because they're mature.

• because they're mature and that is attractive to us.

• Dunno I'm not

• I'm 27... And my boyfriend is 17... Didn't know his age or anything when we first started talking.. Some say the older they are the more mature.. But our age difference... It all depends on the person i guess. She may have the idea that an older guy would be willing to settle down be in a stable relationship have a good job etc etc. never know. :)

• it's just hot because they're bodies are matured and most just look like men rather than stinky teens

• Yes, more mature, girls mature faster than guys do, guys on their 20 seem to know what they want and what they want for their future... And they are better at sexual staff, (without being players)

• Personally, iv'e always been attracted to older guys. Guys my age can be real immature. I also gain knowledge from these guys, believe it or not.