Why are people bothered that I am fine with being single?

I'm a 21 year old girl with a stable life, pretty attractive and so on. I think I'm a great person and am totally happy with myself physically and mentally. The thing is though, is that I haven't dated in about two years, and it is bothering EVERYONE around me.

Even in high school I didn't date much, boys back then just didn't seem all that worth it to me and I preferred focusing on my own interests. I have always been one who had things to work on, so I never missed being in a relationship. The problem I am having now is that my parents and friends are actually bothered to the core over me not being in a relationship. They are bothered that I'm not sexually active (and never have been) and that I don't care if I don't have a relationship because they are worried that something is mentally wrong with me and that I won't have a happy and fulfilling life without one.

I am completely happy and feel fulfilled... I would be fine with being single forever if it meant not ending up with the wrong person for the sake of fitting the norm. Is it really so wrong to not care about relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes them feel insecure about their own choices, I think.

• Probably, considering both of them have been divorced twice.

• That would explain it.

What Guys Said 5

• holy fuck you're only 21, people have to take a fucking chill pill around you.

• I should say that to them in exactly those words. Lol.

• Nothing wrong with being single

• They really aren't, it's just a social thing, not a personal thing.

• You are only 21... why be in a hurry to get attached.

• That's what Im saying, I am just fine being alone and don't fee I need somebody to complete me. I can be whole without a man. :/

• It's not wrong

What Girls Said 9

• Because people are nosy

• Nope, it's not wrong.

You are happy. :)

• It's not wrong at all. Some people are more independent than others. If you are enjoying yourself as you are then don't worry about it. When the right person comes a long you will be ready for a relationship, if that is what you want.

• Nothing is wrong with that... I'm in a same situation... But me, i never dated ever.. like i'm an "No Boyfried Since Birth". Just hanging out and traveling with my boy-friends, gays.. Nothing is wrong of being single especially if you feel contented, we'll in my case, @ 23, i never tried to be in a relationship thought it really excites me but am not really in a hurry... Still enjoying to be a single, now having this good career. You can really do whatever you want. :)

• They just want you to see with a special person. They want your happiness I believe..

• No. It isn't. But just b sure to b ready to take a chance when mr. right shows up

• If I find a guy I like I have no issue with going out with him, I just don't place importance in trying to find that guy. I'm fine with allowing it to happen on its own.

• i get it. im like this too

• YES, 4 of my friend are exactly like that :)

• I know! I prefer to stay single because who doesn't love the freedom. Just block out what everyone says remember you're your own person🔓😚

• don't worry about what they think, do what makes u happy :)