Guys, he leaves in middle of the night?

Just started dating a short while ago. Seems to really like me. He asks me out often. Takes me to beautiful restaurants. Very nice.
Doesn't stay the night after sex, though? Cuddles for a while and even sleeps, but eventually wakes up and drives home. 1am...4am... Etc. is this normal for beginning stages, or is something fishy going on? No pun intended

• It's normal
    27% (11)
  • Be careful
    73% (30)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he sounds like a married man. I cannot imagine another reason. I own and run a company and even I have time to spend the entire night.
    I know men who cheat on their wives. They spend time with their mistresses and as long as they are in their wives' beds in the morning, the wife thinks they were working late. LOL. Some laugh about how their wives compliment them proud they are that they trying to get ahead... when in fact the man is simply dipping his wick in another woman.
    Be cautious. This is the likely thing.

What Guys Said 12

• hello no its not normal, I think there are 3 possible reasons for this. 1. he just wants sex with you.2. usually sleepying together ends up becoming a relationship type deal, which he is afraid of. 3. He can't sleep in your bed and needs sleep to work the next day.

I would say, go to his place, hopefully its number 3.

• He's just playing you if he's taking you out to nice restaurants all the time. The way I move into a relationship zone is by testing to see if a woman cares if I buy her an expensive or cheap meal. He buys you expensive stuff so he doesn't have to talk to you to much, he probably pays for wine or some alcohol.

• Heck if I were him I would always want to be with you. I would at least wake you up if I had to go somewhere. Then again, I would get married first because we had a committed relationship and then have sex.

• Why would he spend the entire night when he has his own home with his own routine and his own life? You aren't married, so give the dude some space.

The way you guys talk about men on this site makes me wonder just how prevalent the idea that men are these conniving, plotting monsters is among society. Even guys are selling out and pretending like they're part of some demographic that seems to be more of the rule than the exception.

• Well, I'd say that unless he's 18, he should act differently. He might just be there for the moment, be it sex or the cuddling but doesn't seem he's ready for more.

• sounds like he's going back to his wife

• Its normal if he has a life! With two kids a dog and a wife. Nah just playin, its normal he wants to prob go hime shower go to sleep in own bed etc.

• Yeah be careful

• Seems like he's married.

• Maybe he has night terrors, or is incontinent?

• You guys are "Together" yet it appears as though he's treating it like a one night stand. It seems a little odd to me, however, having said that I'm only 17 so the way we treat things at my age when it comes to sex is different. If I had sex with my girlfriend or a girl I was seeing and I could stay the night, (ie her parents aren't home) I would, and would not leave before morning. So I'd say maybe ask him about it, if he doesn't want to talk about it I'd say it's a red flag and put a stop to this whole thing.

• No he should stay the night and cuddle with you
    all the nice restaurants is for the sex he is getting
    just be careful that's all.