Boyfriend keeps joking about 'dating' and 'meeting' new girls. How do I make him stop?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about a month now or so. He's a really great guy and pretty much calls and texts me all the time, which I've found a bit clingy in the past - but it's starting to grow on me now.

Anyway, since we started dating he'll always say something whenever I can't hang out like "aww don't worry if I get bored I'll just go the bar and meet new girls" and then immediately says "just kidding beautiful! xx" or something like that (or say that he'll hang out with his "other girlfriend" or text her if he gets bored) He's done this quite a few times now, which I'm finding a bit pathetic to be honest. I know he says it to try to make me jealous. He's said to me in the past (and his friends have said this to him too including his sister) that I'm too beautiful for him and out of his league.

Why does he continue to say this though? I'm not the jealous type of person and if he just said it once or twice, I would be fine with it - but why say it continously? It's not like the joke is going to get any funnier? Is he insecure or what? Or is he actually thinking of cheating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, a guy like that is looking around. I would leave him. He is insensitive, immature, and not very kind. Is that all you deserve? I hope you deserve better. A man who waits all day to be with you. A guy who wants nothing more than to see your eyes light up.
    Dump this jerk.

• @Nuqood And you are an immature child. Grow up son. A man who tells his girl he is looking at others, even couched as a joke is. Plain truth of life, boy.

What Guys Said 6

• Give him a taste of his own medicine guys sometimes do this to make girls jealous see how he likes it I'm pretty sure he will get the hint

• When I joke around with girls like this and they snap and try to correct my behaviour, it turns around to where they're apologising to me for over-reacting. Don't discipline your boyfriend. If you can, try to bring it up sometime without disciplinary undertones. If he's anything like me, then there is absolutely nothing more aggravating than a woman thinking she's the boss and can reprimand me.

• just tell him enough with the jokes, you're tired of this fuckery.

• I'll do that the next time I see him! Thanks

• He sounds way too immature for you.

• I think he might be insecure that he will lose me to someone else, so he's trying to make it seem like he's 'in demand' with other girls..

• You're right, I probably should.

• And also explain to him just as did us, how much it bothers you, and why.

• Alert him you will not tolerate it?

• Yeah, but isn't that going to make him think that I'm jealous then (which I'm not btw) ?

• Lol I know.. yeah, you're right. I should probably tell him that it bothers me.

• Nah, Bert is right, I'm no helping.

• He's trying to make you jealous (and it appears to be working) it's a cheap and dirty form of mental abuse and control.

You should say something like "Well you know the likely hold of you getting laid within the hour is unlikely but as a girl I can easily get sex if you really want to play the game."

• To be honest, I don't feel jealous. I'm just annoyed by the fact that he keeps thinking that I'm getting jealous. It's pathetic that he keeps saying it over and over again.. But I think I'll ask him next time I see him (or next time he says it) why he keeps bringing up dating/meeting other girls.

• Remind him that if he wants to play that game, you are more able to rack up partners than he is, so he should be grateful he has a female at all.

What Girls Said 1

• He probably doesn't realize it bothers you. If you don't like something he does, address it. Communication is important, tell him you don't like when he says things like that. He should respect you enough to listen and stop if you tell him how you feel about it.