Why does he text me constantly but doesn't me out?

Met a guy online. We're both 25 and have been talking for 2 weeks now. He texts me constantly almost every day and our conversations have always been really entertaining. The only thing is he has never asked to meet me! At the start he asked if he could buy me dinner on the same day he asked (really short notice). I told him I had already made plans and that I would be free in the weekend if he wants to have dinner then. He never replied directly to that message but our text messaging conversation continued on. He hasn't asked since.

He also doesn't flirt suggestively as well or even tried to call me even though he said he's not a big texter. I really don't understand why he keeps talking to me but hasn't made a move yet. Does he just want to be friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is insecure

What Guys Said 2

• It could be he's losing interest or he doesn't want to feel the way he felt when you told him you made plans it sounds like he's still making an effort maybe you should invite him to hang out with you and some friends

• He seems to enjoy texting me a lot. He said he's not a big texter yet we can text for hours nonstop. I wouldn't mind being friends with him but it's weird that he hasn't asked to meet up.

• I'm sure if he likes you he will ask you out again just make sure you available the next time around

• If he were interested in you romantically, trust me, he would ask you out.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe u try making the move now?

• He's probably afraid of rejection.