Self-Image and Confidence problems with women?

On my way home from school today I was thinking to myself when thinking I wish I had a girlfriend, all these other questions going on in my head what such as is there that I can offer a girl right now? I have a job, a car and ambition to get a career. I then started thinking okay I am approx 40-50lbs overweight since my ideal weight should be 160 (even though I feel 170 would be alright and currently weight 210, I do exercise but have been sidelined for the last month due to school and a broken finger. I like playing basketball for my cardio and lift a little weights here and there), I am not necessarily the most motivated person, nor am I the best dressed (I always stick to what I know since I am afraid of experimenting and really messing up in terms of what/what not to put together when dressing), afraid girls will see that I am a dud since I love staying home. I do go out and play and some gigs not to often, that has slowed down (I play saxophone and dabble with other instruments) I love computers cars, anime and trying to learn a different language (beginner/intermediate Spanish, started trying to learn japanese) and when I do go out I go by myself namely to the movies, since I don't have friends and find it kind of weird to try and go out and talk to random people (since I am always thinking wondering if they are wondering why I am there). So it is like most of the girls I tend to talk to love to party the whole club scene and I have a hard time even trying to pick things to talk about and where to go on a date. I know that the weight thing can be changed (but what about from now till then), because it is not going to be overnight for me to lose this and there are a lot of bad habits that I have to try and break as well, and we all know the truth girls like fit guys (and shoot I don't blame them either, becuase if you can get them get them).

I need advice pretty much on how to actually speak to girls and trying to get a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• guess u'd b ok if u lose da weight u need... and try find some gal who's not into partyin n stuff like dat better

What Girls Said 2

• it's hard to get rid of habits when you don't know why they became habits go back to the past and find the reason of your bad habits then you will get rid off them quite fast that is if you are willing to leave those bad habits where they belong which is is the past

the problem is not knowing how to speak to girls the real problem here is not accepting or knowing your value and what you have to offer perhaps both

once you value yourself confidence will be gain and you will be able to talk to girls and get a girlfriend because they will see you how you want to be seen

• you have to compliment them a lot.

What Guys Said 1

• lose weight and get it together.

Talk to girls, why not? Speak to them however. Most will think you're some creep but a few will talk back