So what is the deal with the pet name "babe" as being the most hated?

I've heard it numerous times, and I just read it on a first date mytake tonight. It is marked as the number 1 least acceptable pet name... funny thing is it is my favorite of all pet names. I would prefer to be called that over anything else.

Girls, why do you dislike it? or do you?

Guys, why do you use it? What does it make you think of?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love to use that word

What Guys Said 4

• It's very generic, and not very emotionally stimulating.

Babe sounds like a worse that people throw around with many people.

• Babe is fine with me.
    It's that 'Bae' one that I can't stand.

• It makes me think of the pig that went to a city that one time.

• Reminds me of the movie about the Pig 😂

What Girls Said 8

• I actually love it.

• I actually love the pet names my boyfriend gives me and babe is one he uses often. I know my sister hated it because her ex called her babe. He wasn't a fantastic guy and to her it carried a negative connotation.

• I say babe. Sometimes I go "hey babe can you pass me the salt" no big deal. I call everyone honey, sweety, babe.

• I don't mind it. It is nice every once in a while

• I dislike it because around where I love it is usually used by chavs, and so I dont like the way it sounds and the connotations it has

• I like saying bae. I'LL SAY IT ANYWAY MWHAHHA

• LOL bae is so new. Someone said something was their bae one time and I asked them what that word meant because I had never heard of it before.

• It's my favorite too so I don't know what you're talking about.

• I hate bae! It is not a word, don't say it to me... it is annoying. But I do like babes but I was called that as a kid. It was my nickname from my mom.

• The bae slang was created pretty recently. I never use the word personally. It sounds very urban in my opinion.

• It did start recently. I do not know when, where, or how it started. I just know I am not a fan.

• Same here. Someone just joked about a TV show being bae to me over text, and that was the first time I ever heard of that word. Since then I've been hearing it a lot more often...