Why do people reject others when being asked out based on their apperance?

why do people reject others when being asked out based on their apperance?

i mean do you find it annoying that. you like someone. they reject you on your appereance. and don't even know the true you. guess what im trying to say is. people should just date people without worrying about useless things. but i spose that's a fantasy world

Most Helpful Girl

• Wlell... it does kind of matter sadly... if you don't find them physically attractive how can you stand kissing them or having sex with them? plus it's how the human body reacts chemically and hormonally to other humans, they like what's appealing to the eye but your body chooses the most suitable mate for your body type, especially us females because we are the ones that carry a child, it's much more than just having feelings for someone, the body chooses who most biologically matching. I'm a big female yet i'm a wuss when it comes to pain or using eye drops or taking medications so my type if skinnier types of guys, ether my own height or 5"7 and a half or 5"5 in height, my body feels a skinnier more scrawny body type is a more compatible match for mating, but also they are cute as a button ^_^ lol.

• I think I understand now. women have to choose an attractive partner. because she is going to mate with him someday? ah my mind's all twisted trying to understand lol

• you see I have no feeling of love. and that's why I will ask anybody out randomly. in hopes that over time I can feel more attracted. sad. but like I said I just can't feel the emotion love.

• That's the problem then... if your not attracted to them right from the off then your not ever going to be attracted to them, that's how love goes it's love at first sight, you meet someone and straight you feel all warm and fuzzy, butterflies starting to fly because some how this person makes you feel things, you can't force it, my advice is don't spend any more than 2 dates with a girl, but after 2 dates and countless hours talking, if you still don't feel that buzz of butterlies and excitement then your obviously not attracted to them :P same goes for us girls.

What Girls Said 3

• You can't dictate what others find appealing. It's been going on since the dawb of time, evolution, natural selection, freedom to choose. You could improve your appearance if you don't feel that you are attracting the right kind of partner who appeals to you.

• i know you can't dictate what others find appealing. im just saying it would be nice. if you could see behind the face and into the soul. I didn't mean for that to sound meaningful but. thanks for your opinion I appreciate that :)

• Haven't seen it. srry

• It came out in the 90's. It totally goes with this question:) Starring Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow.

• Let's be honest people tend to say that appearance does not matter. But it does, it is really important. Of course it is subjective, the girl you might like won't be the type of your best friend..

When in a situation with a stranger looks is the first priority.
    Now if you know the person already the look may be overidden by the personality.

• I have to be somewhat attracted to you for me to date you, but it's also the way the guy approaches you or talks to you that determines whether or not I'll agree in going out with him

What Guys Said 2

• It's rough to get rejected asking a girl for her number. Not only is she saying ''I'm rejecting your entire person,'' but she's also saying ''I'm rejecting any possibility of getting to know you better.''

You just try not tolet it get you down

• yeah that's what I mean dude. she rejecting you for appearance. and not actually looking past that and getting to know you for you.

• You don't know if she's rejecting you because she thinks you're ugly, maybe you're scrawny and she likes buff guys, maybe your personality came off too strong, maybe it came off too soft, maybe she thinks you're out of her league and just looking for sex, maybe she thinks she's out of your league, maybe she's interested in another guy and wants to focus on one guy. You can't tell, but it still hurts

• yeah that's true all those other factors aswell. but I do agree :)

• appearance matters usually