A girl is trying to get my crush ! What should I do?

There is a guy I know at work and I kind of like him. (Mainly because it seems like he likes me and he seems to be a great guy too, like he always stands up for me when the manager ask me to do something most coworkers considered as annoying , and being over concerned about me/ particularly nice to me, like ask me if I am doing ok , but not the other coworkers , being to first one to help when I ask for help , sometimes comes up to me and says he is being nice to me when he did a favour for me. In terms of body language, he always stands super close behind me, like I can feel his breath and his chest. I sometimes catch him staring at me, and quickly look away, then stare back, always find him walking behind me if I walk to the office pantry)

However, recently, there is a girl who seems to like him too. Like she always comes up to him and talks to him, finding random reasons to touch him, she even adjust his clothes for him !!! And the thing that makes me feel really worry is, I am afraid he might start to like her. Cause he allows her to fix his clothes, he always make the effort to come to her and talks to her when he has time , but not other co-workers , and I always see them together. I see him tease her occasionally. And he never talks to me causally, just ask questions like are you ok? Additionally, they work in the same department and recently I got another job and quit that job , which means I probably “ won’t “ see him again , unless one of us make a move to set out a “ date” .

What should I do? How can I compete with that girl? I am afraid even though he likes me now, he might develop feelings for her and lose feeling for me , as they spends time together every day and that girl is being soooo “ forward” Is there any way I can try to get closer to him? Like asking him out, but how? It seems awkward to ask him out in sudden and we are not all that close yet. Also, I don't have his phone number, only his Facebook, but he doesn’t go online very often, so how to ask him for his number without being desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you need to one up her if you want to play that game if not tell him in a casual way to join you and your friends for a fun night out during your days off and tell him give me your number and I'll text you when we're ready to go

• I disagree if she takes him out with her friends it might confirm to him she considers him only a friend.

• So, can I just ask him something like " Hey, wanna hang out next sunday? " on facebook? Or any other good suggestion , but i can't ask him face to face, cause i quit the job already. and thanks so much everyone for your opinions and help !! They means a lot to me !

• Yeah that would be fine

What Guys Said 6

• Don't wait for the guy. Some guys and really really dense or they are just not very communicative. I never use Facebook or pretty much any other social media. I talk to people face to face or with a phone. Go ahead and skip the probing and just ask for a date.

It's better to try and regret trying rather than not trying and regret that you never did try.

Maybe you will get shot down and K. Oed on the spot but it's also possible to win your man. If you don't make the attempt, you will forever regret not making it.

• Clear case of "snooze you lose" just ask him out. You'll think of a way

• The answer is obvious. If you do not act now, you have no chance because she will act first.
    Do not let opportunities pass you by, if there is an opportunity and you want it, GO FOR IT!!

tell him straight up how you feel.

• He is probably starting to feel that you are not responding much to his flirtations and thus don't like him. I would suggest doing the same things she is doing to make it clear that you like him.

• Oh and tell him something you feel sad about, give him a chance to comfort you.

• You should simply step back and let the other girl go for it since u have already wasted a lot of time. U didn't make the first move and neither did he. So give that girl the chance since u aren't strong enough.

• The best way to end this is to ask him out on a date but don't call it one.

What Girls Said 0