What is it like to date someone who is bipolar?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• It's hard. It's not impossible and you shouldn't stop yourself from having a relationship with someone just because they have a condition, unless you honestly can't take it. Nothing wrong in saying the truth. It is really difficult to deal with the mood swings, specially when going from a really low, depressed state to a very high one. They can't control it, they can't stop it, and they usually don't understand it's happening to them. If you're not like that or you just can't take it... well, don't.

• Do a bit of research to see what to expect so you will not be shocked

• IT IS FUCKING AWEFUL

• Its crazy a lot of those people are suicidal and a lot more violent they don't need dating they need help.

• It's a nightmare. Just don't.

What Girls Said 5

• I can only imagine it to be incredibly exhausting - I never dated anyone who's bipolar but definitely would if the person has proven to me that they are worth the effort.

• just gonna take a but more patience and understanding

• MIXED SIGNALS

• Well I am manic depressive and I have dated awhole lot in the last few years I would imagine it's rough for both people.

• One word. Terrible.

• What's so terrible about it?

• So he was very negative? At first did he seem perfect and then become mean? Like think the world revolves around him and had a sense of entitlement?

• Yep definitely when we first started dating he hadn't been diagnosed, we were together for a year before he was and before that he had his moments but they were hardly anything but as soon as he got the meds it was just like "I'm depressed make me happy" all the damn time like I had to obey to his every order, the meds just made him worse.