Girls, Would you like it if a guy was going to pay for you all the time? Or would it make you feel guilty?

I mean if a guy is always offering to pay for you at dinners or movies or events or whatever else that cost money. would that make you appreciate and love him for his generosity. Or would it make you feel guilty because he's always paying and you're not? Or make you feel like you're not an equal partner in a relationship and you're kind of using him for money? If you did feel that way would you rather the cost of things always be split equally all the time. Or sometimes he does something for you and sometimes you do something for him?

• I would like it if a guy pays for me all the time.
    20% (6)
  • I would feel guilty of a guy pays me on time.
    80% (24)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the first dates the guy pay everything. Because without you knowing we pay for the date too, at least me and my friends, we are the kind that we have a date we buy new clothes, or go to make manicure and pedicure, and hair style and all that stuff. so yes, first dates he should pay (In my situation). When a guy ask to pay the half is the best way to make me dont date him again.

In a relationship it depends a lot too on who they are, because if he is the owner of his own bussiness and she is just a student or something i think yes, would be nice if he pay, and even more if he is usued to expensive places.
    But i do thing that she can show appreciationg buying gifts to him or inviting to nice places when she can. (it can work when a woman is the owner and the guy a student)

and when they are equals i think they can share bills. Like in cinema you pay the movie i pay the dinner. Or you pay dinner this weekend I pay next week.

I've been in both case and I think it all depends on situation.

What Girls Said 15

• I would feel guilty.

My boyfriend pays for everything. And I love it, but I really hate it. Sometimes I know he hates it too. I buy the little things when I can, but I've spent the last 2 years on apprenticeship pay. I've literally this week just got my first proper full time salaried job. And I've promised I'm going to take him out for meals, buy him presents, treat him the way he's treated me.

So yes, I love that I have a boyfriend who fights every time I reach for my purse, but at the same time we would both love it if I was able to reach for my purse and know that I'm not working out how much has to go on credit or debit to make me break even that month.

• I would feel guilty.
    I would still feel like I was an equal partner in the relationship and I wouldn't feel like I'm using him for money, because I know I'm That's such a weird statement you made. Feeling like you're using him for money is something other people feel, but if you date someone you either know that you're with them for the money or you don't

Anyways, I would still feel guilty. I'm just used to carrying my share in everything. I feel like later in the relationship maybe I'd be more comfortable him paying for everything if he wanted to, but at the beginning it should be split at least a few times

• At some point i would feel guilty but that's just if he never let's me take him out sometimes. If he takes me out sometimes and I take him out sometimes it works for me. Makes me feel like a contributor. I do like when a guy pays for me , makes me feel special but I like to make my guy feel special too.

• Yeah, I would feel uncomfortable with that. I prefer to share in the costs of dating/relationships. We don't necessarily have to count penny for penny, but it should more or less even out.

• I wouldn't want that. I'd feel extremely guilty and just uncomfortable. I never like ''taking'' other people's money.

• I'd love it and appreciate his generosity, I'd feel he's serious about me and cares for me if he liked paying for me.

• He would have to if we're not in a relationship because I'm not going to ask him out nor do I believe in splitting the bill. You ask, you pay.

But when we're in a relationship, I don't mind spending money on him. It's just WEIRD.

• That depends. If I actually cannot afford to reciprocate, why would I feel guilty?

• I like to be treated from time to time but I'd feel uncomfortable if a guy was paying all the time. I wouldn't mind splitting the bill some of the time. Seems only fair.

• I would feel guilty after the first 3 times. I can't have a guy shower me with stuff all the time. I gotta cater to him too.

• yeah id feel guilty, Id rather pay at least sometimes or try to I have a friend who pays everytime and i at least try to he always says no but I try or leave a tip somewhere.

• I would feel guilty and awkward. I mean, it makes me feel as if im wasting his money when I could easily buy things for myself and him in turns.

• Letting the guy pay all the time is not right. Definitely I can/will put down some money.

• It would be sweet gesture, but you would be taking advantage if you let him pay all the time

• It really depends on the girl.
    Personally, for me to pay for our date or just anything for the guy, I need to be on another level with him in a serious relationship. Because some insecure and childish guys would have a field day with the fact that I an paying for things for him.
    But its not embarrassing, or using a guy if he just wants to spend time with me and spend money. he could plan a date in the park that would be free, then it wouldn't matter either way, and it would be a sweet gesture.