Would you be turned off if u found out your boyfriend had depression?

Two years ago I had a lot of bad things happen to me. Lost a two year relationship and lost my career and lost a good friend. Within the matter of two weeks. Was a domino effect. I ended up not being able to sleep or function for 5 months. I wanted to kill myself just to make it stop. Anyways k got myself help went to therapy for 6 months took some medication to get me back to where I needed to be and now I'm off and completely fine. Obviously j wouldn't mention this on the first date but I'm wondering if a women would shy away from this if I ever did tell a future girlfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should neither be turned on nor off by mental illness is...

What Girls Said 3

• No i wouldn't be turned off. It's a part of life. We all experience different things. I think that it might even draw me closer

• As long as you've taken steps to repair things and are fine now, its just part of your life story, Shit happens

• A real friend/ girlfriend would be compassionate and understanding. they also shouldn't pity you or belittle you. their only reason to be turned off would be if you never stopped talking about depression... but otherwise i think most girls would be sympathetic.

What Guys Said 0