Guys, do you mind when the girl gets the bill?

I've been seeing this guy for a few months and on our first date he paid for everything. He also spent quite a fair amount of money on taxis to come see me and another date after that where he paid for the taxi, entertainment and food and I insisted on at least paying for some drinks since he didn't let me pay the taxi. We recently went out to eat in this quite pricey restaurant, and as he had paid for the taxi there and back for us, I happily decided to pay for our meal. He asked me if I was crazy in a joking manner and went on to say that he had never seen a girl pay for a date before and he didn't know of any girl that did. So, do you guys mind if the girl gets the check or does it make you guys feel patronized or whatever?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• media2.giphy.com/media/eHOxorWR8d1mM/200_s.gif

A girl that gets the bill instead of thinking she doesn't have to pay cause she's a girl and girls don't pay for dates, is wifey material. Just the intention is enough, it shows us that you're not just dating us to get free stuff, that you don't believe the man has to do everything, that you're independent, and that you don't give a fuck what society says.

What Guys Said 18

• 1. I am a tad old fashioned and prefer paying the bill, holding the door open, pulling out the chair etc
    2. But in the current era where equilatarean norms are established, if a girl wants to pay or share the payment I won't certainly patronize her or hurt her self respect by turning her down
    3. But if she has to pay cause I'm broke that will kill me :)

• I like when women want to pay the bill. I am not keeping tabs on who pays more often or anything, but I appreciate the gesture because it is proof that she values me and shows she knows that dynamic of the relationship needs to flow in both directions, and not just towards her.

• Not at all, as long as it wasn't all the time. In fact, I would take it as a sign that she was considerate and fair minded.

I should add that it would also depend upon our relative incomes. If I made substantially more, I would insist on paying the bulk of our expenses.

• It's actually great if you insist to pay the bills, optimally if it keeps at the 50/50 ratio on things both agreed on to get. :) :D

Don't be surprised. Gender equality is still far from being achieved globally speaking. Some men eventually and ignorantly will freak out about these not-woman-role-things but gender equality is still a very slow long term process.

• i dont just mind id be HAPPY AS HELL cuz my broke ass probably spent 3 week savin up for that shit and she just gonna pay fo it like that ima be lovin her :)

• I want a girl to pay my bills and carry me through life. There I said it. Seriously. Mostly because I don't got a job myself, though. rofl. But I'm forming a revolution to bring forth a moneyless world. I think it's too late for me to start dating now.

• I personally believe people should pay for themselves. So what you tried to do was awesome, very few girls are like that, most feel like a man should take care of them.

• I would try to pay for it myself, but if she kept insisting that she would pay, i wouldn't object.

• I've been in relationships where I foot the bill EVERY time. Its great when you meet a girl that's not trying to take advantage and respects you enough to offer or insist on paying.

• I don't mind.

• Independent women! :D

• makes us feel cheap. i'm not the most responsible person-but that's when i'm the only one who'll get burned.

• I don't mind it at all, That says a lot of good things about yourself.

• Yeah I mind a lot.

• I don't mind at all.

• Im old fasshioned, tho it is nice. I always tell a girl "You can pay when you ask me out"

• i would so date you.

• i don't feel patronized, but I do feel like after thousands of years of the patriarchy oppressing women globally, the least i can do is pick up the check like a muhfuckin' gentleman!

• "Oppressing" women by not drafting them, paying for their stuff, and supporting them. Right...

• The idea of men needing to act like "gentleman" by treating women differently is the very source of gender roles. A gentleman wouldn't want his pregnant wife drafted into the army, or having to plow the fields in the summer heat, or any of the other back breaking and dangerous jobs men were doing. So men gave women the easier, safer jobs. In fact the women in those times didn't feel oppressed by men, and believed strongly in gender roles.