My guy texted me but I was just about to go to sleep. Is it okay if I wait till the morning to text him back?

And in the morning just be like sorry I was sleeping. We aren't even officially dating but I REALLY like him. But I'm just sleepy and tired and it takes a lot of energy for me to think of what to say back lol. He just asked me how my trip home was.

Most Helpful Guy

• You could just text back to him the following:

"Thanks for thinking of me. That was very sweet. I'm very tired now and need to sleep. I'll be up for talking with you in the morning."

That acknowledges his honest concern for you while appropriately defending your boundaries.

Or you could just blow him off, if you think that would be better.

• Okay so I'm going to text him back now but have no idea what to say. This is what I would say.. Hey ☺️ sorry I was sleeping , pretty good so far we went and saw a movie and dinner but my sister left me for a music festival so I'm stuck alone with parents lol 😑

What Guys Said 2

• That's fine it's late and he shouldn't bother you.

• say u was asleep if he asks

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, girl! You don't have to text him back immediately or even that night! Many guys and gals need to know that they can't just be spoiled when it comes to texting and that there will be times where you are busy or something comes up so they shouldn't build an entitlement or expectancy for your texts.

You're overanalyzing by the way.

• So should I say this? Hey ☺️ sorry I was sleeping , pretty good so far we went and saw a movie and dinner but my sister left me for a music festival so I'm stuck alone with parents lol 😑

• Yup! That sounds great!

• it is fine.

• Should I say this? Hey ☺️ sorry I was sleeping , pretty good so far we went and saw a movie and dinner but my sister left me for a music festival so I'm stuck alone with parents lol 😑