Guys, Do you like/dislike when the girl makes the first move?

I have been hanging out with this guy for a little while now, I'm interested in him and he seems to be interested in me. we used to be coworkers but aren't anymore. He is quite a bit older than me, and I'm not sure if that is holding him back. Communication normally isn't a problem between us and we are always haveing a good time when we are together. I kind of want to make the first move but not sure how he would react. Guys, do you like when the girl makes the first move? Or do you prefer to be the one in charge?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't mind but, I'd feel a bit guilty that I was so inactive concerning a girl that I liked to the point where she felt the need to act lol.

• I'm just not sure what to do cause he is very flirty and obvious about it and our friends are always telling us how cute we are together and that we would make a great cous but at the same time there is a 9year age gap and that can be a lot in a relationship. I can't tell if that's holding him back or not

• Well I don't know about other guys, but if I like a girl I'm quite driven and I'll just tell her I like her.
      If he is infact weary about age, perhaps it may be one of two things, he doesn't want to date someone that much younger than him or, he's worried you will reject him because of how much older he is.
      If I'm being old fashioned I would say let him make the move or forget about it, there's a good looking guy/girl every 5 minutes you walk down the street.
      If I'm more understanding of his dilemma then I'd advise that when the two of you are alone sitting down playfully make some physical contact, stop, then look him in the eye and smile for 3 - 4 seconds.

If he doesn't make his move or start getting more assertive about things between you two then you really can't waste any more time without taking a huge leap of faith.

• Glad to have helped.

What Guys Said 5

• persoanlly i prefer to be in charge but i also prefer to have the girl make the big move. i usually ask her out a couple times or suggest meet ups but i like it when a girl has the confidence to ask me out and make it official.

• I love it it gives me a tingly feeling well i don't have a girlfriend because i am a lonely 14 yr old teen that is scared to talk to girls heh i have been flirted at by a girl once and well it made me like her more and gave me the tingly feeling in my stomach like you know when you done something bad then someone finds out and your heart sinks yea sort of like that.

• I absolutely love it, and every single guy I know agrees with me. You should definitely make the first move. Ask him out, see how it goes.

• Why in the fawken world would anyone not like it lel. INCOMING 100% INSECURITIES😱

• It's so rare and so nice lol.