Worried I'm being catfished any advice you can give me for spotting one?

well I was the one that messaged her, we got on really well, been talking for about a month, she is pretty full on, I become really suspicious because she claims that her dad, brother and friend have died within the space of three weeks. I have never skyped her although we did try to facetime but because we live in different countries and my phone provider won't let me make international calls I can't but she was up for it. I did call her, we didn't talk long as she said she was baby sitting a y

Most Helpful Guy

• Skype?

You've provided no information. How are we supposed to glean the particulars?

Ultimately, you get the fate you choose for yourself. A lot of people on the internet are in a kind of aloof dream world, where as long as one stays distant, one need not worry about exposing oneself to harm. There are people, as you might be discovering, who are happy to continue this charade for years, even decades, lest they have to acknowledge the reality of their situation. This person might be happy to give you the run around, and not be totally aware that she's doing any harm.

Thus you have to protect and set certain boundaries for yourself. Not saying you need be inflexible, but if she's not willing to say, Skype after a certain period of time, say a few months, then you could argue that she's not really serious about the relationship. You might think the ball is in her court, but as I say, it's really in yours. What are you happy to accept and continue with?

• Okay so details, I was the one that messaged her, we got on really well, been talking for about a month, she is pretty full on, I become really suspicious because she claims that her dad, brother and friend have died within the space of three weeks. I have never skyped her although we did try to facetime but because we live in different countries and my phone provider won't let me make international calls I can't but she was up for it. I did call her, we didn't talk long as she said she was baby sitting a young baby and couldn;t be too loud so she whispered.

What Girls Said 3

• Look out for inconsistencies, strange time gaps that are too short or too long, too much drama, or just a general feeling of unease. If your gut is talking, get your brain to listen.

• well I was the one that messaged her, we got on really well, been talking for about a month, she is pretty full on, I become really suspicious because she claims that her dad, brother and friend have died within the space of three weeks. I have never skyped her although we did try to facetime but because we live in different countries and my phone provider won't let me make international calls I can't but she was up for it. I did call her, we didn't talk long as she said she was baby sitting a young baby and couldn;t be too loud so she whispered. thoughts?

• I already told you it was sketch once.

• okay thank you

• try reverse searching the image on Google to see if it's used anywhere else.

if all else fails just hope for the mtv camera crew and nev to help you

• tried that nothing came up, she also told me her name so I tried finding a facebook account but couldn't find one

• I did call her, we didn't talk long as she said she was baby sitting a young baby and couldn't be too loud so she whispered. She asked for my snap chat and I gave it to her but only her friend added me and not her

• yea, that's pretty weird. I think you are being catfished 😁 sorry

• Just try to video chat. If they refuse then it's probably a cat fish.

• I have never skyped her although we did try to facetime but because we live in different countries and my phone provider won't let me make international calls I can't but she was up for it. I did call her, we didn't talk long as she said she was baby sitting a young baby and couldn;t be too loud so she whispered. thoughts?

What Guys Said 1

• If you have a gut feeling then don't contact that person...
    I just got cat fished last week... and all that time I thought it was a women... LOL

• What signs were there is hindsight?