Am I just one of those people not suited to having a relationship? I'm stuck between having a girlfriend or just being single. What do you think?

So I'm a 16 year old guy, however I'm far from average: shy, prefers to stay in, socially awkward and just awkward to be honest. Now I know it's a little early to be worrying about relationships at my age but I just can't help but think about it. The thing is, if I were confident I could of had a girlfriend as numerous girls have liked me recently but I have messed it up. I believe I would be a crap boyfriend anyways as the girlfriend would be the only one to arrange to meet up and stuff as I prefer to stay in and don't meetup often. I would also be quite awkward with the relationship as it would be the first serious one I would have and the girl would probably be a lot more experienced than me and so I would make it awkward. Those are the reasons why I would just be dumped if I got another girlfriend anyways, however I do sort of want a girlfriend. It's just that what's the point if I'm going to be a shit one, a nice girl deserves to have a shit boyfriend who makes it awkward, makes it seem as though he doesn't want to see her as he doesn't like going out and so yeah... I really don't know what to do with myself, I don't go out often unless I have a lift, I just don't like waiting around for a bus or walking back into the rough area where I live at like 5. Which is stupid I know, that's why I'm starting to think people such as me that are paranoid and think too much into things should not be suited to relationships: Sorry for the essay haha, what are your views on this?

What Girls Said 1

• you're still young

What Guys Said 1

• Tbh, I think it's normal for people our age to think this way. Just get on with your life and focus on other things, relationships will come. Relationships really aren't necessary or what they're chalked up to be.