Would you date someone who doesn't care about their spending habits?

Some people live paycheck to paycheck, while others prefer to save and spend every now and then.
Do spending habits matter to you? Why/Why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's someone that I want to have a serious relationship with (either living together and/or marriage), then I do care about their spending habits, since they have the ability to affect me negatively.

I want to be able to rely on them to pull their weight. I don't want to be with someone who would come up short because they spent their money on things they didn't need and didn't make sure they had enough for bills, or because they went gambling, or whatever.

I also have goals, like... I'd like to buy a house some day, or I like to be able to save up for a trip every now and then, so I want to be with someone who has similar goals and is willing and able to work towards those goals with me.

I find it preferable to be with someone who has similar views on finances as I do. My current partner does, and so money is something we never fight about.

What Girls Said 2

• Absolutely not. I don't know anyone who can afford to waste money. Poor spending is actually one of the things that's not quite a deal breaker but pretty close.

• No, I couldn't. I don't have that lifestyle and it'd lead to lots of unnecessary discussions.

What Guys Said 4

• Good financial stability is one of my compatibility requirements. I could certainly date and have fun with someone like than, but they would never be ltr material.

• Some one that spends recklessly probably don't have control in other areas of their life. It wouldn't be a deal breaker but something to consider

• No, I wouldn't.

• Everyone deserves a chance! :D