Girls, I'm 5'6 so am I too short?

I know 5'6 is below average but I'm taller than a lot of girls I know. But I know girls go for taller guys so do I have a chance? Sometimes it makes me sad that I'm treated differently to tall people in society.

Be totally honest, thanks!

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'5 and I would date a guy who's 5'6.

What Girls Said 11

• Your 5'6? That's not short. My Mum is your height and she's taller than me lol!
    I feel like 5'6 is a comfortable spot for a woman to be. Just embrace your height. Plus, I'm sure clothes look way better on you because of your height. And of course you have a chance. You've got a nice height.

-from one woman to another

• no you are cool

• Honestly while a tall guy is always much appreciated, your height doesn't really matter. Like if you have a good personality and are funny and sweet, etc., then your height won't make a difference. In my experience I'd pick a cute short guy over an ass of a tall guy any day.

• Well i think lots of girls dont like short guys, it really doesn't matter to me as long as they are proportionate meaning being skinny if they are that short and height doesn't matter as much as the size of other things...

• ... other things?

• Well first I need to find a girlfriend. Yeah, if I find the gurl I want to marry I'll wait till marriage. Call me old fashioned but... I don't know

• It's a good thing to wait, no one does anymore, dont follow the rest of the sheep, when they tell you you are lame or need to do this or that, be smarter than they are, and do what you feel is best, and wait. It's a good way to be.

• "Sometimes it makes me sad that I'm treated differently to tall people in society." But that's society, you should have your own opinions on what's right or wrong.

• I do, but its annoying when I don't get the same respect or I'm literally discriminated against.

• Truth be told you have no need to stress over this, your taller than most of us, most girls tend to go for taller guys I guess because there is a sense of security but honestly your height is good :)

• No, not to me. I'm 5'6 too.

• You can't change your height so there's no point fretting, 5,6 is taller than most girls I know. Don't worry about it and be confident. I know if a guy kept putting himself down eventually I'd get sick of it. Not saying that's what you do but don't be so concious of your height.

• You're probably not done grow yet! Guys take a little longer to mature then girls.. if you are under 18 you probaly have one more growth spert... I know a guy who stopped growing at 19. So I don't think you have a lot to worry about. :)

• Well I'm 5'4'' so I don't think you're too short haha. I mean if you're going for model-tall girls they might feel awkward though. Besides if you're still growing you don't have much to worry about.

• I hear you grow till 21 but everyone I know stopped in their late teens. I can still hope!

• Yeah.. I know what you mean. :/ it's hard on the girl when that happens.

• Haha okay thanks!

• I dated a shorter guy in my teens. He was very attractive though.