What Does It Mean When A Guy Doesn't Want To Meet My Parents?

I am 19 and this guy that I met a year ago is 21. He told me that he looking for a hook up buddy and I told him that I'm not really ready and he refuses to meet my parents. He wants to hang out alone and he doesn't want to meet in public and I told him that we should meet in a public place and he should meet my parents and now he doesn't want to hang out with me anymore after I told him that he should meet my parents and meet up in a public place. What does it mean that he doesn't want to meet my parents?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's refusing to do those those things with you because those are things people in a relationship do. Not people who hook up.

What Guys Said 4

• He's only looking for a hook up though...

• Maybe clarify what that is to her... I think she's lost, and I don't have the heart for it...

• He just wants to have sex with you and nothing more. He doesn't want a relationship therefore he doesn't want to meet your parents

• If he doesn't even want to be seen in public with you, what makes you think he wants to meet your parents. Besides that, he told you very straight forward that he wants you as a hook up buddy. Now I don't know what that means to you, but to the rest of the world that means let's have sex every now and then.

• He's afraid of shotguns! :D

• you said he told you from the start it's not a relationship for him just sex

What Girls Said 2

• It means he sees you as a fuck buddy, as he told you in the very beginning. He doesn't want anything serious nor does he care about you. He wants to have sex with you.

• You're his booty call. He thinks of you as nothing more than a fuck buddy. He obviously doesn't want a relationship and in my opinion, if you want a boyfriend you can take home to your laments then you should drop fuckboy and find someone else.